10. Washington to Craftsbury, Barre, Cabot, Calais Loop
Participating artists and galleries are listed alphabetically. Look for the Map # in the text below each listing.
Washington to Craftsbury Loop
This is our longest loop, taking about 48 miles from beginning to end. It consists of several mini-loops that can be easily connected with main roads.
- Romulus Craft – Ikuzi Teraki and Jeanne Bisson. Handbuilt, handcrafted sculptural forms, bowls, vases, cups. romuluscraft.com.
- Wiltse Art – Craig Wiltse. Semi-abstract, symbolic paintings. wiltseart.com.
- Studio Place Arts. Exhibits, studios, workshops, sculptures, history. studioplacearts.com.
Travel from Barre to Rte 2 in E. Montpelier on Rte 14N.
- Blackthorne Forge – Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. blackthorneforge.com.
- Back Roads Farm- Sandy Pond. Pottery, functional, spiritual, sculptural, Judaica. 2
- Vermont Rughooking Studio – Sandy Ducharme. Hooked wool rugs and rug hooking supplies. vermontrughookingstudio.com.
- Cabot Art Barn. Exhibiting local Cabot artists. cabotartbarn.com.
Follow Rte 215 to Rte 15 and go east to Rte 14, then south to Hardwick or north to Craftsbury.
- Ruby Charuby Weavings – Ruby Leslie. Handwoven scarves. rubyleslie.com.
- Ken Leslie. Artist’s books and paintings. kenleslie.net. 244 Carey Rd, Hardwick VT 05843. (802) 473-2112. Follow directions in Ruby’s listing.
- Vermont Glass Workshop – Harry and Wendy Besett. Functional and decorative handblown glass. vtglass.com.
Head south on Rte 14 to Cherry Tree Hill Rd south of E. Montpelier. Travel to County Rd and turn right to Maple Corner and Calais.
- Art at the Kent. Interplay. The works of 20 Vermont artists span a broad variety of genre and media, engaging the Kent’s distinctive rooms and inviting visitors to see in new ways. kentscorner.org.
Collective – The Art of Craft
Collective - the Art of Craft Cooperative Gallery Map # 98 Collective - the Art of Craft is a twelve member cooperative craft gallery located...
Katie Roberts Studio
Katie Roberts Nature Artist Eco-conscious Nature Oil Paintings Map # 96 Offering inspirational expression in oil in the form of artist-inspired...
Todd Reuben Stainless Steel Abstract Sculpture Map # 97 The preferred medium of Todd Reuben is stainless steel. Like gold, stainless steel is...
Willowbank Studios - Carole McNamee Book and Paper Arts Map # 99 My interest in book arts has taken me on several related, but distinctly different...