Windsor and Orange County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2014 — October 4th & 5th
Regional Information Centers
I. *Gallery at the VAULT . 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111.
J. The Collective - The Art of Craft. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298.
- 60. Bonnie's Bundles Dolls - Bonnie Watters. Original, handmade, heirloom, cloth dolls. 250 North St, Rte 103N, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-2114. From the center of Chester, at the intersection of Rte 103 and Rte 11, take Rte 103 north for one mile to the Stone Village (a cluster of ten historic stone structures). Our stone house/studio is the last one on the right, diagonally opposite the First Universalist Parish.
- 61. Sage Jewelry - Michele Bargfrede. Handcrafted sterling silver jewelry and accessories. 78 The Common, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-7243. From Rte 11, look for the Green or Common in Chester. Turn at the end of the Common near Country Treasures, (the Common traffic is one way). You will pass the Fullerton Inn, Misty Valley Books, and Barrett and Valley Real Estate. Sage Jewelry is located in the same building as DaVallia, at the back of the building down a small walkway.
- 62. Gallery at the VAULT - Vermont State Craft Center. Local and regional fine arts, exceptional artisans. 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111. From I-91, take exit 7 and travel west 3.8 miles on Rte 11 into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your right, at #68 Main Street, next to "56 Main, The Restaurant". From Chester, take Rte 11 east into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your left.
- 63. Robert Sydorowich Artist - Robert Sydorowich. Original Vermont landscape paintings. 4219 E Hill Rd, Andover VT 05143. (802) 875-3154. From Ludlow, take Rte 100 south for 3 miles and turn left on Andover Road. Go 2 miles to the studio. From Chester, at the green, take Rte 11 west 3.6 miles. Go right on Andover Rd for 3 miles, make a right on East Hill Rd, and go 4.2 miles to the studio.
- 64. *Rich DeTrano Woodturner - Rich DeTrano. Woodturnings, hollow vessels, demonstrations, tools. 488 Andover Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8894. Take Rte 103 in Ludlow to Rte 100S for about 2 miles to a left fork at Andover Rd. Take Andover Rd for about 1 mile to #488 on the right.
- 65. Little Cricket Photography - Janie Dumas. Bold, dramatic, detailed, expressive photography. 22 Smith St, Ludlow VT. 05149. (802) 558-6323. From Rte 103, Main St in the middle of Ludlow, turn at the light onto N Depot St and then right onto Smith St. Find us on the left side of the street. The photo gallery is in the building at the end of the driveway.
- 66. *Clear Lake Furniture Makers - Brent Karner. Hardwood furniture showroom, upholstery, workshop. 322 Rte 100 North, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8395. We are minutes from Okemo Mountain. From Rte 103 north, take Rte 100 north. Clear Lake Furniture is 0.5 mile up on the right - a big red barn, clearly marked.
- 67. Robert O'Brien Watercolors - Robert O'Brien. Watercolor paintings and prints. 2811 Weathersfield Center Rd, Perkinsville VT 05151. (802) 263-9394. Take exit 8 on I-91 and turn west onto Rte 131 for about 2 miles. Turn left on Weathersfield Center Rd, and go up the hill for 2.5 miles to the studio that is on the left in a red house.
- 68. *Rockledge Farm Woodworks - Scott Duffy. Hand-crafted wood furniture and home accessories. 58 Ascutney Basin Road, Weathersfield, VT 05062. (800) 653-2700. From I-89, take exit 1 and go west on Rte 4 until it meets Rte 106 in Woodstock. Go south on Rte 106 for 15.3 miles. Turn left on Ascutney Basin Rd. From exit 8 on I-91, go west on Rte 131 for 7 miles to the junction of Rtes 131 and 106. Turn right on Rte 106 and travel for 2.5 miles to Ascutney Basin Rd. Watch for our sign.
- 69. Vermont Stone Cross Company - Kenny Hamblin IV. Benches, birdbaths, vases, lamps, frames. PO Box 33, Hartland VT 05049. (802) 436-2526. Located at 24 Hamblin Rd, Hartland. On I-91 take exit 9 (Hartland). If traveling south on I-91, take a right. IIf traveling north on I-91, take a left off the exit. Drive 0.5 mile to Rice Rd on the left. Turn left onto Rice Rd and travel for about 2.5 miles to Hamblin Hill Rd. Turn left and our studio is at the end of that road, about 0.25 mile.
- 70. Deborah Falls - Elegant, luminous, botanical paintings on silk. 25 Grout Rd, Hartland VT 05048. (802) 356-4116. From I-91S take exit 9. Turn right and go to Hartland 3 Corners. Go straight through the stop sign onto the Quechee Rd and travel for 4.7 miles. Turn right onto Grout Rd. Travel on Grout Rd for 0.5 mile to #27, on the left. The studio is a white cape home with a big brown barn next to it.
- 71. *Collective - the Art of Craft. Metal, clay, fiber, wood, glass. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298. On I-89 take exit 1 and turn onto Rte 4. Head west toward Woodstock and go about 8 miles. Look for us on the left. We are on the street level in the Stone building across from the Post Office on the Kedron River.
- 72. ArtisTree Community Arts Center and Gallery - Adrian Tans, Gallery Director. Painting and sculpture spanning many genres. 2095 Pomfret Rd, Pomfret VT 05067. (802) 457-3500. From Woodstock, go north on Rte 12. After passing Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historic Park, the Mt. Tom Farmer's Market, and ArtisTree's former facility, you will arrive at a fork in the road. Turn right here onto Pomfret Rd and travel for 2 miles. When the road splits again at Teago's General Store, take a right. Artistree Community Arts Center and Gallery will be immediately on the left, next to the Pomfret Town Library.
- 73. *Stone Revival - Julian Isaacson. Works in the round, marble, hardwood, tiles. 1354 Rte 100. Stockbridge VT 05772. (802) 746-8110. From Rutland, travel east on Rte 4 and turn north onto Rte 100. Go 10 miles on Rte 100 and we are on the right. From I-89, take exit 3, go west on Rte 107, bear left at the juncture of Rte 107 and Rte 100, and we are 0.5 mile on the left. From Waitsfield, travel south on Rte 100 about 25 miles and find us on the left.
- 74. Frog Song Designs - Andrea Trzaskos. Pottery, dinnerware, wall tiles, sculpture. 1887 River St, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 345-3099. From Bethel, follow Rte 107W / Rte 12S (traveling toward Killington). Studio is about 2 miles from downtown Bethel at the Locust Creek intersection. From Barnard, follow Rte 12N to the intersection of Rte 107 and found the studio about 6 miles from Silver Lake.
- 75. Naught Hill Pottery - Grace Pejouhy and Evan Williams. Functional wheel-thrown, hand decorated pottery. 388 Woodland Rd, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-5114. From the center of Bethel, head north on Rte 12. Proceed across the stone bridge past the churches on Pleasant St. Do not take the sharp right but instead continue straight onto Sand Hill Road. Continue past the town garage on the left. After the S-turn (go slowly) take a right onto Woodland Rd. Continue up Woodland Rd until you see our woodfired kiln.
- 76. *Two Potters: Becca and Nathan Webb - Becca and Nathan Webb. Woodfired stoneware pottery, two chambered wood kiln. 123 Scammell Lane, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-1320. On I-89, take exit 3 for Bethel/Rte 107. Turn right onto 107 W, towards the town of Bethel. Just under 2 miles from the highway turn right onto Christian Hill Rd, just past Poulos Insurance. Drive for 0.5 mile, and turn right down Scammel Lane. Studio is at the end of the short lane, with a large kiln shed beyond.
- 77. White River Craft Center - Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912. Take I-89 exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Rte 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. Continue to the Cumberland Farms and bear left (Rte 12S) over the bridge and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant's Row and go to the stop sign. Proceed straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead at 50 Randolph Ave. Parking is available up the driveway to the right of the WRCC sign.