Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
The Windham Map and Guide PDF
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Regional Information Centers
K. Flat Iron Exchange - 51 the Square, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 460-0357.
L. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
- 91. Ailyn Hoey - Charcoal, oil and pastel landscapes. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-6333. Travel 5 miles north of Bellows Falls on Rte 103. Turn onto the south entrance of Meeting House Rd. We are the first house on the left, #4.
- 92. Mark Goodenough Metalworks - Mark Goodenough. Fabricated sheet metal wildlife sculpture. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (603) 313-0192. Follow directions in the listing above.
- 93. *Clare Adams - Clare Adams. Oil paintings, monoprints, block prints, landscapes. 18 Main St, Saxtons River VT 05154. (802) 344-0062. Located in the village of Saxtons River, west of Bellows Falls, on Rte 121, the studio/gallery is at 18 Main St on the first floor of a large white clapboard building next to a pub.
- 94. Flying Canvas Studio - Jeanette Staley. Prints, paintings, floorcloths, murals, collage. 201 Church Ave, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-9530. From the center of Bellows Falls, take Rte 121N toward Saxtons River, and travel for 1.1 miles. Turn at the sharp left onto Church Ave. My studio is on the right.
- 95. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto US Rte 5/Calvin Coolidge Mem. Hwy and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 96. RAMP - RAMP. Ongoing exhibits at Project Space 9 Gallery. 9 Canal St., #115, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. Find the Exner Art Block off the downtown square on the way to the train station.
- 97. Flat Iron Exchange. Group show, paintings, drawings, mixed media. 51 the Square, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 460-0357. Flat Iron Exchange is a coffee shop located in downtown Bellows Falls at the corner of Bridge and Westminster streets.
- 98. McBride & Rosser Studio - Robert McBride and Phyllis Rosser. Dynamic abstract paintings and sculptures. 17 Rockingham St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-1992. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. 17 Rockingham Street is an old firehouse building, just off the square. The studio is located on the second floor.
- 99. *Virginia Wyoming Pottery - Virginia Wyoming. Stoneware tableware, clay sculpture, planters. 272 South Goddard Hill Rd, Putney VT 05346. (802) 387-5426. Traveling north from Putney, on Westminster West Rd, go 1 mile north of the village of Westminster West to South Goddard Hill Rd on the left. Turn onto Goddard Hill Rd. We are the third building on the right. From Saxton's River, travel south 4 miles and find the turn for South Goddard Hill Rd on the left.
- 100. *Vermont Landscape Art - Nancy Calicchio. Oil paintings, large and small. 198 Church St, Westminster West VT 05346. (802) 387-5784. Westminster West is about halfway between Putney and Saxtons River on the Westminster West Road. At the white church in Westminster West, turn onto Church Street. Go 0.2 of a mile to 198 Church Street where the studio is at the back of an old white farmhouse.
- 101. *Rhonda Zoch. Landscape paintings, watercolors, gouache, acrylics. - withdrawn.
- 102. *Alchemy Arte - Fiona Morehouse. Unique handbuilt and wheelthrown pottery. 659 West Hill Rd, Putney VT 05346. (802) 387-2252. From Westminster Rd in Putney, turn onto West Hill Rd and travel for 3.5 miles. Alchemy Arte studio will be located on your left just past the point where the road transitions from pavement to dirt.
- 103. *Mountain Farm Road Pottery - Sally Geldard-Hewes. Handbuilt functional stoneware pottery, many patterns. 12 Slade Rd, Bondville VT 05340. (802) 430-1260. From Manchester Center, go east on Rtes 11/30. Follow Rte 30 as it splits off to the right. Travel about 5 miles to Old Town Rd. Turn left onto Old Town Rd and travel for about 0.6 mile to Slade Rd. Turn left onto Slade Rd and the studio will be in the first house on the right.
- 104. Patricia Burleson. Silk banners, chuppah, sculptural baskets. 227 Bellstrom Lane, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4201. From Rte 30 at the Townshend Common, turn onto Rte 35, (Grafton Rd). Go 1000 feet and turn right onto Peaked Mtn Rd. Go 1000 feet and turn right onto Bellstrom Lane. Go 1000 feet and Bellstrom Lane ends at our house. Follow signs to the door of the studio.
- 184. Robert Wallace. Landscape photography, astrophotography. 628 Peaked Mountain Rd, Townshend VT 05353. (201) 430-3829. From Rte 30, in Townshend, turn onto Rte 35 (Grafton Rd) and head north for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Peaked Mountain Rd (TH 29), opposite Grace Cottage Hospital. Drive up Peaked Mountain Rd for 0.6 mile and turn right into driveway at #628.
- 105. *Kim Eng Yeo. Floral, still life and landscape watercolors. PO Box 217, 628 Peaked Mountain Rd, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4521. From Rte 30, in Townshend, turn onto Rte 35 (Grafton Rd) and head north for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Peaked Mountain Rd (TH 29), opposite Grace Cottage Hospital. Drive up Peaked Mountain Rd for 0.6 mile and turn right into driveway at #628.
- 106. Robert Du Grenier Glass Art Gallery - Robert Du Grenier. Handblown glass, sculpture, drinkware, decor. 1096 Rte 30, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4400. On Rte 30 1.0 mile south of Townshend Village or 3.5 miles north of Newfane Village.
- 107. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked' Sullivan Ln PVT. Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 108. Darlene Eisenhuth. Smile inducing, repurposed assemblage. 911 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7141. From Rte 30 in Newfane, turn onto Grimes Hill Rd across from the Newbrook Elementary School. Grimes Hill Road becomes Dover Road in Williamsville. Follow through the Williamsville covered bridge and into South Newfane. Bear right at the stop sign, in front of the one room schoolhouse, staying on Dover Road. Studio is located in the barn of a red farmhouse, circa 1850, 2.25 miles on left, and about 5.5 miles from Rte 30.
- 109. *Caryn King Studio - Paintings of animals, mixed media, giclees. 16 Miller Lane, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 380-7006. In South Newfane, off Rte 30, turn left onto Williamsville Rd. Continue to its end, a concrete bridge, and turn left. At the post office (on the left), turn right onto Baker Brook Rd. Turn left onto Parish Hill and follow as it turns to the left and continues. Almost at the top of Parish Hill, turn left onto Miller Lane. Find our studio in the first house on the right with a big #16 on the garage.
- 110. Fire Arts Vermont - Natalie Blake and Randi Solin. Glassblowing, tile workshops, demonstrations, gallery. 485 West River Road, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-9761. fulcrumarts.com. Located about two miles north of downtown Brattleboro on Rte 30 in the old Tom & Sally building.
- 111. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 185 Vitriesse Glass Studio - Lucy Bergamini. Functional, colorful, sculptural glass jewelry. 122 Birge St, #21, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 379-0024. Traveling south on Main St in Brattleboro, turn right at its intersection with Canal St. Travel on Canal St to Birge St and turn right. Find me at #122.
- 112. Rosies Wonders Connections Cards - Rosie Schulick. Cards, ceramics, jewelry, art, scarves. 74 Cotton Mill Hill, Unit A351, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 380-3638. On I-91, take exit 1 and turn north onto Canal St/Rte 5 toward downtown. Turn right at the stoplight onto Fairground Rd, pass the high school and the town garage. Bear left at the small triangle and stop sign, onto South Main St. Turn sharply right at the stop sign onto Cotton Mill Hill. Turn left into the parking lot and drive between the two buildings to your left.
- 113. Jason E. Breen, Fine and Custom Woodwork - Jason Breen. Furniture, turnings, woodenware, accessories, cabinetry. 1197 Bonnyvale Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-9993. From Rte 9W, turn south onto Bonnyvale Rd. Go 2.3 miles up and over a very steep hill. Driveway is on the right, up hill. Shop is on the right at the top of the driveway.
- 114. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 115. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 116. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 117. *JMB Glass - Josh and Marta Bernbaum. Functional and decorative handmade glass. 119 Hescock Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (610) 812-3434. From I-91, take exit 2 and turn west on Rte 9. In a few miles, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd, just after you pass the Chelsea Royal Diner. Travel on Sunset Lake Rd, for 1.0 mile and continue straight for 1.5 miles after the pavement ends. You will pass Kelly Rd and look for the second entrance to Hescock Rd on your left. Follow signs to the studio. If you reach Fisch road, you've gone too far.
- 118. *Laughing Lizard Studio - Jen Wiechers. Playful paintings, encaustics, and sterling silver jewelry. 25 Highlawn Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-8054. Jen will be showing at Josh and Marta Bernbaum's studio. Follow directions in #117.
- 119. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 120. *Applewood's Woodworking Studio and Gallery - David and Michelle Holzapfel. Tables, benches, burls and spalted wood. PO Box 66, 2802 Rte 9, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-2908. holzapfelwoodworking.com. On I-91, take exit 2 and travel 8 miles west. We are right on Rte 9 at the turn off toward Marlboro College.
- 121. Vermont Pressed Flowers - Ellie Roden. Pressed flower creations; originals, prints, cards and bookmarks. 32 Ray Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5265. On I-91 take exit 2 in Brattleboro. Go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles. Go through the traffic light in the center of Wilmington and take an immediate right turn at Dot's Restaurant onto Ray Hill Rd. My house is the fifth house on the left, white with green shutters. The studio is around the back.
- 122. *Eric Sprenger Fine Woodwork - Eric Sprenger. Handmade, original, contemporary furniture. 72 Castle Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-8392. In the center of Wilmington, Rte 9 intersects with Rte 100. At the intersection, turn onto South Main St which jogs slightly left and becomes Castle Hill Rd. Travel about 0.3 mile to my studio on the left.
- 123. *Jen Violette Designs - Jennifer Violette. Sculptural blown glass, Vermont barn paintings. 12 New England Power Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5206. On I-91 take exit 2 and go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles to the center of Wilmington. Travel 2.8 miles beyond the traffic light in downtown Wilmington. Turn left at Woods Rd across the bridge to Medburyville and turn right onto New England Power Rd. Find my studio behind the first house on the left, in the restored barn.
- 124. *Town Hill Pottery - Aysha Peltz and Todd Wahlstrom. Wheel thrown porcelain and stoneware pottery. 612 Town Hill Rd, Whitingham VT 05361. (802) 368-2807. Traveling from Brattleboro on Rte 9W, turn left onto Rte 100S in Wilmington and go 3.6 miles. Turn right onto the Wilmington Cross Rd and continue to its end at Rte 100. Cross Rte 100 onto Goodnow Rd (sign also says Brigham Young Monument). Go 0.6 mile to the junction of Goodnow Rd and Town Hill Rd. Go 100 feet further, turn left up a gravel driveway to a large red metal building.