Washington County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
F. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
G. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
H. Blinking Light Gallery - 16 Main St, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-0141.
- 49. *Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture - Richard Ducharme. Adirondack furniture, chairs, gliders, loveseats and porch swings. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. On Rte 2 in Marshfield, turn onto Rte 215. Go about 2.5 miles (you will pass a cemetery on the right and the Cabot Greenhouse on the left). Turn left onto Ducharme Rd. Studio and workshop are 1.0 mile up on the left. The furniture workshop is on the lower driveway. Fiber studio is located in the house.
- 50. *Vermont Floorcloths and Fiber Arts - Sandy Ducharme. Handpainted canvas rugs, hooked wool rugs. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. Please follow directions above. Fiber studio is located in the house. Use upper driveway.
- 51. Stilbroke Farm Pottery - Brenda George. Functional, colorful, picturesque, stoneware pottery. 1313 Luce Rd, E. Calais VT 05680. (802) 456-8802. In E. Montpelier continue on Rte 2 through Plainfield village. Turn left onto Beaver Meadow Rd and follow onto Sadie Foss Rd and then to Luce Rd. Find us at the bottom of the hill.
- 52. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3369. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 53. *Tracey J Hambleton. Oil painting, landscapes, still life. 5630 US Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3383. Find my studio in the main house at the Marshfield Inn and Motel. From Plainfield village travel on Rte 2 east for about 2.5 miles. We are on the left at the intersection with Eaton Cemetery Rd.
- 54. L. Koehler Pottery - Leslie Koehler. Majolica glazed terracotta earthenware. 1340 Laird Pond Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 223-3231. Take Rte 2 east to Plainfield Village. At the blinking light, turn down a short hill into the village. Go straight past the fire station and take the left fork onto Maple Hill Rd. At the top of the hill, take a left onto Holt Rd. Travel about 1 mile to the intersection of Holt Rd and Laird Pond Rd. Turn left onto Laird Pond Rd. Studio is immediately on the left, #1340 Laird Pond Rd. Traveling west toward Plainfield from Marshfield, turn left onto Nasmith Brook Rd and continue past Twinfield School driveway. The road merges with Laird Pond Rd. Continue to the end of Laird Pond Rd and find the studio on the right. Total distance from the turn onto Nasmith Smith Rd is about 3 miles.
- 55. Studio Place Arts - Art center, galleries, studios, sculptures. 201 North Main St, Barre VT 05641. (802) 479-7069. Take I-89 to exit 7. Travel through 3 sets of traffic lights and take Rte 62 to Barre. At the junction of Rte 62 and Rte 302 turn right. SPA art center is on the left, across from Depot Square.
- 56. Elm Harris - Erin Meharg Harris. Withdrawn
- 57. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Hand made books, artists's books, paper. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the junction of Center Rd and County Rd (Main St extension) turn left and follow to Town Hill Rd on the left. Take Town Hill Rd to its junction with Gallison Hill Rd. Travel past U-32 High School and look for the house with the blue roof on the right. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 58. May Day Studio - Kelly McMahon. Quirky paper goods, letterpress, bookbinding. 190 River St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-0639. Travel from Montpelier east on Rte 2/ River St. About 0.8 mile beyond the intersection of Rte 2 with Rte 12 (Main St in Montpelier), pass Pioneer St and turn left into the first driveway. Follow yellow signs to find May Day Studio on the right.
- 59. Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography - Annie Tiberio Cameron. Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness. 110 Ledgewood Terrace, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-2204. On I-89, take exit 8 and travel through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights, go left over the bridge and straight through the lights at State St and Bailey Ave. Take the second left onto Terrace St. Go for 1 mile and turn right at Ledgewood Terrace. Look for a green and yellow house ahead on the circle. The studio is in lower level in the back and is accessed across deck between house and garage, down two sets of stairs.
- 60. Green Mountain Hooked Rugs. - Stephanie Krauss. Traditional hand hooked rugs, classes. 2838 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-1333. Travel on Main St straight through the Montpelier town center and take the first right off the roundabout. Continue north up Main St hill. Continue straight. The road name changes to County Rd. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 3.6 miles. I am on the right in a white house.
- 61. Kingfisher Forge - Chris Eaton. Blacksmith studio and hardware shop. 31 Calais Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 272-1296. From Montpelier, travel north on the County Rd to Maple Corner for about 9 miles. Turn left onto Worcester Rd (which becomes Calais Rd) and continue straight for about 3.5 miles. We are the green house on the left across from Doty Memorial School. Travel north on Rte 12 from Montpelier about 8 miles to the Calais Rd on the right. We are the green house on the right across from Doty Memorial School.
- 62. Flint Brook Pottery - Deborah Van Ness. Handthrown, functional stoneware pottery. 471 Minister Brook Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-0259. On Rte 12 in Worcester Village, turn onto Minister Brook Rd. Flint Brook Pottery is 2 miles up on the right.
- 63. *Ziemke Glassblowing Studio - Glenn Ziemke. Colorful contemporary blown glass. PO Box 327, 3029 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Ctr VT 05677. (802) 244-6126. Studio located on Rte 100, 3 miles north of I-89 exit 10. We are on the left side of Rte 100. Look for a large Ziemke Glassblowing Studio sign.
- 64. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Colorful, high-fire, stoneware, pottery for daily use. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 and travel toward Waterbury. At the roundabout take the second turn onto N Main St/Rte 2. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 65. The Mud Studio - Michael Sullivan. Showing the work of 20 potters. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. Located on Rte 2 next to the Red Hen Bakery & Cafe.
- 66. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery. Unit 1, in the apartment building, will be well marked.
- 67. Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Vast variety of unique art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Traveling south on Rte 100, go 5 miles past the intersection of Rtes 100 and 100B into the town of Waitsfield. The gallery is on the left, about 0.25 mile past Mad River Garden Center and is set back from the road across from mailbox # 4237. Traveling north on Rte 100, continue into Waitsfield and past Bridge St. The gallery is 0.25 mile further on the right.
- 68. Noel Bailey Ceramics - Noel Bailey. Functional high-fire porcelain. 364 Harris Hill, Waitsfield VT 05673. (970) 518-7567. From the intersection of Rte 100 and Rte 17 in Waitsfield, head west on Rte 17 for 1.4 miles. Turn left (south) on Harris Hill Road (immediately after Marble Hill Road). Go 0.4 miles up Harris Hill and studio/home is on the right with a red roof.
- 69. Luke Iannuzzi Pottery - Luke Iannuzzi. Raku art and dinnerware sets. 5711 E. Warren Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 839-9650. From Warren Village, head north up Brook Rd. Brook Rd becomes E. Warren Rd. My studio is located on the east side, just past the cemetery after Roxbury Mountain Rd.
- 70. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd, opposite Country Motor Cars. Travel west on Lincoln Gap Rd for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox. At the mailbox, make a right turn into our driveway.
- 71. The Luminous Moose - Andy O'Brien. Custom stained glass designs. 4366 Main St, #3, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 296-1234 or (802) 496-5107. Andy will be showing his work at Moosewalk Studios and Gallery, 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. Please follow directions in that listing.