Washington County Map and Links
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2013— May 25 and 26
Links to studios and directions are below the map.
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
M. Artisan's Gallery – 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
N. Artisans Hand – 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492
O. Blinking Light Gallery – 16 Main St, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-0141
- 181. Roxbury Community Artists Gallery - Jane Pincus and others. Paintings, photographs, pottery, some demonstrations. 1642 Roxbury Rd, Rte 12A, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-8428. Traveling on I-89 take exit 5, turn west toward Northfield and go 3 miles down the hill, cross over Rte 12 onto Lovers Lane. Travel for 0.5 mile, turn left at its end onto Rte 12A, and continue about 6 miles south into Roxbury. From Montpelier, take Rte 12 south through Northfield to Rte 12A, just past the Norwich University, and continue to Roxbury.
- 182. Josh Axelrod Photography - Josh Axelrod. Fine art Photography. PO Box 34, 324 Webster Rd, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-7788. From Roxbury Village, head west on Warren Mountain Rd for 0.4 mile. Make a slight left on Webster Rd and continue for 0.4 mile to #324. The studio is on the right.
- 183. Linda Berg Maney - Linda Maney. Colorful, interesting, abstract paintings. PO Box 66, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-8056 cell (802)793-6038. Linda will be a guest at Josh Axelrod's studio. Follow directions above.
- 184. *Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams - Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams. Original watercolors, pastels, oils. 540 Bear Farm Road, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-8387. From Rte 12 in Northfield, take Water St and travel west over the railroad tracks to the second right onto Union St. Follow Union St (Union Brook Road) 4.5 miles onto Hallstrom Rd and follow to the end of the pavement. Take an immediate right up the hill on Bear Farm Road. Go 0.5 mile to the red house on the right, Little Bear Farm.
- 185. *Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Hand made art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Traveling south on Rte 100, go 5 miles past the intersection of Rtes 100 and 100B into the town of Waitsfield. The gallery is on the left, about 0.25 mile past Mad River Garden Center and is set back from the road across from mailbox # 4237. Traveling north on Rte 100, continue into Waitsfield and past Bridge St. The gallery is 0.25 mile further on the right.
- 186. Cat Illustrates - Cathy Stevens Pratt. Magical, playful watercolors, earrings, canvas, prints, journals, greeting cards. Walk through our gardens and visit the frog ponds. 1006 Airport Rd, North Fayston VT 05660. (802) 496-7465. Take Rte 100 to Airport Rd in North Fayston. Turn onto Airport Rd and travel up the hill for 1.0 mile. Find us on the right in a pine-sided house with purple trim and a very painted mailbox.
- 187. The Naked Potter - Luke Iannuzzi. Naked raku dinnerware for foodies. 1460 Main St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9935. Traveling north on I-89 take exit 9 and turn toward Rte 2. Take a left onto Rte 2 and travel to its junction with Rte 100B. Turn right and go for 6.8 miles to its end at Rte 100S. After this go 1.5 miles and find us on the right. Traveling south on 1-89, take exit 10 and follow Rte 2 through Waterbury and turn right onto Rte 100. Follow Rte 100 for about eight miles and find us on the right.
- 188. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Colorful, high-fire, stoneware, pottery for daily use. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 to merge onto VT-100 S toward Rte 2 and Waterbury. Turn left at the T onto N Main St. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 189. *Ziemke Glassblowing Studio - Glenn Ziemke. Colorful contemporary blown glass. PO Box 327, 3029 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Ctr VT 05677. (802) 244-6126. Studio located on Rte 100, 3 miles north of I-89 exit 10. We are on the left side of Rte 100. Look for a large Ziemke Glassblowing Studio sign.
- 190. Jayne Shoup. Contemporary paintings, landscapes, florals. 263 Center Rd, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 223-0100. On 1-89 take exit 9 which leads to Center Rd. If traveling south, turn left, if traveling north, turn right and go 1.1 miles to my studio.
- 191. Ann's Weavery, a Fiber Arts Gallery - Ann Lovald. Looms, rugs, yarns, weaving instruction. Camp Meade, 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 522-7666. On I-89, take exit 9, Middlesex/Waitsfield. Follow signs to Rte 2. Go left on Rte 2 and travel 0.2 mile to Camp Meade on the right housing Red Hen Bakery & Cafe, and Ann's Weavery.
- 192. The Mud Studio - Michael Sullivan. Functional pottery. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. Follow the directions to Ann's Weavery above and find us to the right of the Red Hen/Ann's Weavery building in the Camp Meade complex.
- 193. *Hunger Mountain Arts - Ira Sollace, Woodturning. Cindy Griffith, Pastel, oil painting and fiber sculpture. 580 West Hill Road, North Middlesex VT 05682. (802) 229-4326. Located at the Middlesex Town Hall. On I-89 take exit 9 and turn left on Rte 2. Travel 0.5 mile past the Red Hen Bakery and cafe and find us on the right.
- 194. Marcia Hill. Vibrant, colorful, paintings, cards and prints. 166 Hampshire Hill, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 223-3591. Marcia will exhibit in Middlesex at the Town Hall, 5 Church St. Follow directions above.
- 195. Anne Unangst Art. Original pastels, landscapes, still life. 1943 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-0523. Anne will exhibit in Middlesex at the Town Hall, 5 Church St. Follow directions above.
- 196. Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography - Annie Tiberio Cameron. Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness. 110 Ledgewood Terrace, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-2204. On I-89, take exit 8 and travel through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights, go left over the bridge and straight through the lights at State St and Bailey Ave. Take the second left onto Terrace St. Go for 1 mile and turn right at Ledgewood Terrace. Look for green and yellow house ahead on circle. Studio is in lower level in the back and is accessed across deck between house and garage, down two sets of stairs.
- 197. Inspired Creations - Polly and Phil Walsh. Mugs, platters, vases, magnets, sponge holders. 97 State St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 371-5020. Located in downtown Montpelier, across from the Capitol Plaza Hotel.
- 198. Everything is a Shelf/Shelf Design - Dan Wetmore. Studio woodshop, custom designed shelves. 21 Guernsey Ave, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 522-8016. From State and Main in Montpelier, head up East State Street and take the first right onto Hubbard Street. Take an immediate left onto First Ave and then take a right onto Tremont Street. (Tremont is a short steep street as is Guernsey.) Take a left onto Guernsey and find me at the top of Guernsey, in a big yellow house. PLEASE NOTE: You should park on Tremont, or, better, down on First, and walk up. There is limited parking at my house/studio, and no room for a car to turn around.
- 199. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Bookbinding, paper crafts. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 200. Art Tiles - Janice Walrafen. Handmade tiles, murals, sculptures. 170 Cherry Tree Hill Rd, East Montpelier VT 05651. (802) 223-1242. Traveling east on Rte 2 from Montpelier, look for a left hand turn onto Towne Hill Rd. At the top of the hill turn onto Cherry Tree Hill Rd. Turn into the driveway of the third house on the right, a big white house with green trim, gambrel roof and a fenced yard. Studio is located in the main house, not the red outbuildings.
- 201. *Thistle Hill Pottery - Jennifer Boyer. Functional stoneware pottery, brushwork decoration. 95 Powder Horn Glen Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-8926. Go north on Main St in Montpelier, 4 miles from middle of town to the corner of Powder Horn Glen Rd. Turn right, and take the first driveway on the left.
- 202. Green Mountain Hooked Rugs. - Stephanie Krauss. Traditional hand hooked rugs, classes. 2838 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-1333. Travel on Main St. straight through the Montpelier town center and take the first right off the roundabout. Continue north up Main St hill. Continue straight. The road name changes to County Rd. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 3.6 miles. I am on the right in a white house, about 0.75 mile past the turn for Thistle Hill Pottery.
- 203. Ray Brown Artist - Ray Brown. Landscape inspired abstract compositions. 3843 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-6007 In Montpelier, travel north on Main St to the roundabout and take the first right continuing on Main St. Go up the hill and continue straight on what becomes County Road. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 4.6 miles and find me just past the left hand turn to Horn of the Moon. The studio and house will be on the left.
- 204. The Happiness Paradigm- Ginny Sassaman. Upcycled inspiring mixed media, happiness. PO Box 191, Calais VT 05648. (802) 223-1670. Located at 90 West County Rd, Calais. From Montpelier, go north on Main St through the roundabout. Main St changes to County Rd at the top of the hill. Travel about 9.25 miles, pass the Maple Corner Store and find us on the left.
- 205. Chris Miller Studio - Chris Miller. Hardscape, sculpture of granite, wood, and marble. 40 Camp Rd, Calais VT 05648. (802) 223-0184. Travel north from Montpelier on Main St which becomes County Rd. In about 10 miles, you will be at Maple Corners. I'm at the start of Camp Road at the intersection with Worcester Road, right by the dam. Studio is in blue barn.
- 206. Vermont Wool - Denise D'Abramo. Botanically dyed yarns from Vermont. 1273 Fowler Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-1648. In Montpelier travel east on Rte 2 to Plainfield Village and the blinking light in the middle of town. Go right, down the hill, onto Main Street for 0.5 miles. Bear right at E Hill Rd and go for about 2 miles until you reach Fowler Rd. Turn right onto Fowler Rd and I'm in the third house.
- 207. L. Koehler Pottery - Leslie Koehler. Majolica glazed terracotta earthenware. 781 Holt Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-7711. Take Rte 2 to Plainfield Village. At the blinking light, turn down a short hill into the village. Go straight past the fire station and take the left fork onto Maple Hill Rd. At the top of the hill, take a left onto Holt Rd. Travel about 1 mile and find the house and studio on the left.
- 208. *Waterfall Quilts - Kathie Alyce. Quilts, patterns, acrylic templates, wallhangings. 550 Nasmith Brook Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 426-3384. On Rte 2, travel east through Plainfield. Go about 6 miles to a right turn toward Twinfield High School. This is Nasmith Brook Rd. Follow it for 0.1 mile. We are the first house on the right next to a waterfall.
- 209. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-4222. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 210. Fred Varney. Stained glass windows, lighting. 1632 Marshfield Rd, Marshfield VT 05658. Studio Location: 1632 Marshfield Rd, E Calais VT 05658. (802) 456-1003. Traveling north on Rte 14, just as you reach the top of the hill and enter E Calais, turn right onto the Marshfield Rd. This road looks like the driveway of a white church. Continue up the hill past the cemetery and through the 4 way intersection with East Hill and Max Gray Roads. Our driveway is the next one on the right, just before the crest of the hill.
- 211.Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture - Richard Ducharme. Adirondack furniture, chairs, gliders, children's. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. On Rte 2 in Marshfield, turn left at Rte 215 go about 2.5 miles past cemetery on right and Lower Cabot Greenhouse on the left. Take a left onto Ducharme Rd. Studio and workshop are one mile on the left. The furniture workshop is on the lower driveway.
- 212. Vermont Floorcloths and Fiber Arts - Sandy Ducharme. Handpainted canvas rugs, hooked wool rugs. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. Please follow directions above. Fiber studio is located in the house.