Southern Region (Windham and Bennington County) Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
M. Rockingham Arts and Museum Project - RAMP. 9 Canal St, #115, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252.
N. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
O. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
- 118. Breznick Woodworking - Joe Breznick. Hand-crafted fine wooden furniture, cabinets. 1871 Rte 11, Londonderry VT 05148. (802) 824-5885. We are located at the intersection of Rte 11, Stowell Hill Rd and Rte 100S, across from the Londonderry shopping center.
- 119. *Clare Adams - Clare Adams. Oil paintings, monoprints, block prints, landscapes. 18 Main St, Saxtons River VT 05154. (802) 344-0062. Located in the village of Saxtons River, west of Bellows Falls, on Rte 121, the studio/gallery is at 18 Main St on the first floor of a large white clapboard building next to a pub.
- 120. Main Street Arts. Artwork by Jeannette Staley and poetry by Verandah Porche. 35 Main St, Saxtons River VT 05154. (802) 869-2960. We are located in the heart of Saxtons River on Main St, Rte 121, that runs right through the middle of the village.
- 121. Flying Canvas Studio - Jeanette Staley. Prints, paintings, floorcloths, murals, collage. 201 Church Ave, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-9530. From the center of Bellows Falls, take Rte 121N toward Saxtons River, and travel for 1.1 miles. Turn at the sharp left onto Church Ave. My studio is on the right.
- 122. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. From I-91 traveling north, take exit 5. Make a slight right onto the I-91 access Rd/Westminster Street Hwy and go for 0.6 mile. Turn left onto US Rte 5/Calvin Coolidge Mem. Hwy and go for 2.5 miles. Bear right at light onto N Westminster St and go 0.3 mile into the center of Bellows Falls. Turn right onto Bridge St, pass the post office on the right, cross canal bridge, and find me at #33 on the right. Traveling south on I-91 take exit 6 and bear right onto Rte 5S. Follow signs to Bellows Falls. Go left onto Bridge St and follow directions above.
- 123. RAMP - RAMP. Project Space 9 Gallery. 9 Canal St, #115, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 463-3252. On I-91 traveling south take exit 6, traveling north take exit 5 and follow signs into downtown. Find the Exner Art Block off the downtown square on the way to the train station.
124. Patricia Burleson - Silk banners, chuppah, sculptural baskets. 227 Bellstrom Lane, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4201. From Rte 30 at the Townshend Common, turn onto Rte 35, (Grafton Rd). Go 1000 feet and turn right onto Peaked Mtn Rd. Go 1000 feet and turn right onto Bellstrom Lane. Go 1000 feet and Bellstrom Lane ends at our house. Follow signs to the door of the studio.
- 125. *Kim Eng Yeo. Floral, still life and landscape watercolors. PO Box 217, 628 Peaked Mountain Rd, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4521. From Rte 30, in Townshend, turn onto Rte 35 (Grafton Rd) and head north for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Peaked Mountain Rd (TH 29), opposite Grace Cottage Hospital. Drive up Peaked Mountain Rd for 0.6 mile and turn right into driveway at #628.
- 126. Robert Du Grenier Glass Art Gallery - Robert Du Grenier. Handblown glass, sculpture, drinkware, decor. 1096 Rte 30, Townshend VT 05353. (802) 365-4400. On Rte 30 1.0 mile south of Townshend Village or 3.5 miles north of Newfane Village.
- 127. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked' Sullivan Ln PVT' Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 128. Christine Carter - Colorful, detailed oil paintings of landscapes. 12 Clark Farm Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-4868. Christine will be showing with Richard Bergeron. Follow directions in #129.
- 129. Richard Bergeron - Detailed landscapes in oils and pastels. 12 Clark Farm Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-4868. From Brattleboro, go north on Rte 30 into Newfane Village, and left onto West St (turns into S. Wardsboro Rd). Travel 2 miles and find Clark Farm Rd on the right with our studio at the first driveway on the right. From the north go south on Rte 30 into Newfane Village and right onto West St.
- 130. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. From I-91, take exit 1 and go east on Rte 5 to Main St. Find us on the left side once the street levels out. Additional parking behind the gallery.
- 131. *Laughing Lizard Studio - Jen Wiechers. Playful paintings, encaustics, mosaics, and jewelry. 25 Highlawn Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-8054. From I-91, take exit 2 and at the end of the ramp, turn left towards downtown Brattleboro. Then take your first right onto Highlawn Rd. I am on the left at #25. From Rte 9, immediately after crossing I-91, take the first right onto Highlawn Rd. and find me at #25.
- 132. Lesley Heathcote Artist - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St. We are in a three story red house on the south side of the street.
- 133. Jason E. Breen, Fine and Custom Woodwork - Jason Breen. Furniture, turnings, woodenware, accessories, cabinetry. 1197 Bonnyvale Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-9993. From Rte 9W, turn south onto Bonnyvale Rd. Go 2.3 miles up and over a very steep hill. Driveway is on the right, up hill. Shop is on the right at the top of the driveway.
- 134. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, branch handles. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. On I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9. Travel west on Rte 9, 0.1 mile and turn right onto Orchard St, the second street on the right. Travel north for 1.1 miles. The studio is on the left in the old brown barn, first house past the cemetery.
- 135. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 136. *Matthew Tell Pottery - Matthew Tell. Wood-fired pottery, with earth tones and overlays. PO Box 232, 163 Potter's Rd, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-8057. From Rte 9 going west, turn right onto Sunset Lake Rd. Go 4.6 miles, road will turn to gravel. Look for yellow sign (North Pond Rd) on the left. Studio is at the second driveway on North Pond Road on the left.
- 137. *Applewood's Woodworking Studio and Gallery - David and Michelle Holzapfel. Tables, benches, burls and spalted wood. PO Box 66, 2802 Rte 9, Marlboro VT 05344. (802) 254-2908. On I-91, take exit 2 and travel 8 miles west. We are right on Rte 9 at the turn off toward Marlboro College.
- 138. Green Mountain Pressed Flowers - Ellie Roden. Pressed flower creations; originals, prints, cards and bookmarks. 32 Ray Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5265. On I-91 take exit 2 in Brattleboro. Go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles. Go through the traffic light in the center of Wilmington and take an immediate right turn at Dot's Restaurant onto Ray Hill Rd. My house is the fifth house on the left, white with green shutters. The studio is around the back.
- 139. *Eric Sprenger Fine Woodwork - Eric Sprenger. Handmade, original, contemporary furniture. 72 Castle Hill Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-8392. In the center of Wilmington, Rte 9 intersects with Rte 100. At the intersection, turn onto South Main St which jogs slightly left and becomes Castle Hill Rd. Travel about 0.3 mile to my studio on the left.
- 140. *Jen Violette - Jennifer Violette. Sculptural blown glass, Vermont barn paintings. 12 New England Power Rd, Wilmington VT 05363. (802) 464-5206. On I-91 take exit 2 and go west on Rte 9 for 18 miles to the center of Wilmington. Travel 2.8 miles beyond the traffic light in downtown Wilmington. Turn left at Woods Rd across the bridge to Medburyville and turn right onto New England Power Rd. Find my studio behind the first house on the left, in the restored barn.
- 141. *Town Hill Pottery - Aysha Peltz and Todd Wahlstrom. Wheel thrown porcelain and stoneware pottery. 612 Town Hill Rd, Whitingham VT 05361. (802) 368-2807. Traveling from Brattleboro on Rte 9W, turn left onto Rte 100S in Wilmington and go 3.6 miles. Turn right onto the Wilmington Cross Rd and continue to its end at Rte 100. Cross Rte 100 onto Goodnow Rd (sign also says Brigham Young Monument). Go 0.6 mile to the junction of Goodnow Rd and Town Hill Rd. Go 100 feet further, turn left up a gravel driveway to a large red metal building.
- 142. *Readsboro Glassworks - Readsboro Glassworks. Handblown glass and glass sculpture. 6954 Main St, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-7706. Traveling south on Rte 100 from Whitingham, we are located in the center of Readsboro, one and a half blocks past the Readsboro Inn, on the left hand side of Main St, lower level.
- 143. *Brookside Glassworks - Joseph L. Tracy. Stained glass, fused glass bowls. 319 Mill Rd, Stamford VT 05352. (802) 694-1590. From North Adams MA heading east on Rte 2, turn left onto Rte 100/Rte 8 and drive 6.5 miles to the left turn onto Mill Rd (next to the community church). I am located in the seventh house on the left with a split rail fence and large garden. From Bennington take Rte 9 east about 14 miles to Rte 8 south and turn right. When you get to a stop sign, turn right and continue south. Go about 8-10 miles south and you will come to Stamford. As soon as you cross a small bridge look for Mill Rd at the next right.
- 144. Ray Finan Furniture Studio - Ray Finan. Custom hand crafted wood furniture. 269 Old Depot Rd, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 681-5393. On Rte 7 take exit 3 and travel west on Rte 313 until it ends at Historic Rte 7A. Turn left and travel south on Rte 7A for about 1 mile. Turn left onto Old Depot Rd. My studio is 0.8 miles down Old Depot Rd on the right.
- 145. Battenkill Pottery - Jessica Phillips. Ceramics, clay flutes, bowls, vases, jewelry. 3456 Rte 7A, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 379-5712. On Rte 7 take exit 3. At the intersection of Rte 313 and Rte 7A, take a right onto Rte 7A north toward Arlington. Drive 0.9 miles. We will be on the right before you get to the center of Arlington. Studio is in the back in the barn.
- 146. *Ellen W. Questel - Pastel landscapes. 1176 Sandgate Rd, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 375-6735. Take Rte 7A to Arlington. Opposite the Arlington Inn is Rte 313 W. Travel on Rte 313W about 4+ miles to Sandgate Rd on the right. Turn onto Sandgate Rd and find my driveway on the right after traveling 2.2 miles. A mailbox with Questel on it marks the turn. Proceed down driveway. My studio is in the large red barn building. Door is on left when facing the building.
- 147. Mallory B. Rich - Mallory Rich. Oil and pastel landscape paintings. 703 S. E. Corners Road, Sandgate VT 05250. (802) 375-2940. From the intersection of 7A and 313 in the center of Arlington, take 313 west for about 5 miles to the sign for Sandgate. Turn right onto Sandgate Rd and travel for 2 miles to S.E. Corners Rd. Turn right onto S.E. Corners Rd, a gravel road, and travel 0.7 mile. On the left find our brown two story house and separate garage.
- 148. Rachel Barlow Art and Cartoons - Rachel Barlow. Watercolor paintings and cartoons. 441 Woodcock Rd, Sandgate VT 05250. (802) 375-6368. From Arlington, take Rte 313 west for 3.8 miles and turn right onto Sandgate Rd. Travel for 1.8 miles and turn right onto S.E. Corners Rd (there will be a green barn at the corner). In 0.1 mile, take the first left onto Woodcock Rd. Find us at the second driveway on the left.
- 149. Sara Gay - Sara Gay Klebanoff. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, process pieces. 575 West Road, Manchester VT 05254. (802) 366-9042. From the center of town in Manchester, Rte 11/30 meets Rte 7A, head south on Rte 7A until you come to a roundabout. Go halfway around and continue on Rte 7A for about 0.25 mile to Ways Lane. Pass Stewarts on the right. Turn right on Ways Lane and follow to the end. This is West Rd. Turn left and go past Witherell Lane. I am the yellow house on the right.
- 150. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Sophisticated, fine craft, whimsical, artful. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center, find us on Main St/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 151. Kit's Jewelry - Kit Mosheim. Gemstones, beads and precious metals. PO Box 442, 23 Goodwood Lane, Dorset VT 05251. (802) 867-5541. Kit will be at the same location as Dan Mosheim. Follow directions in #152.
- 152. Dorset Custom Furniture - Dan Mosheim. Custom furniture, banjos, metalwork. PO Box 442, 23 Goodwood Lane, Dorset VT 05251. (802) 867-5541. Go north on Rte 30 from Manchester to Dorset. Go 1 mile north of the center of town to Danby Mountain Rd on the right. Go up Danby Mountain Rd 1 mile to Goodwood Lane on the left. We are the first house on the left, #23.
- 153. American Country Rugs - Lucille Festa. Hand hooked primitive rug studio. 4743 Rte 315, Pawlet VT 05761. (802) 325-2543. Located at 4743 Rte 315, East Rupert, 05768. From the center of Manchester, at the junction of Rtes 11/30 and 7A, travel north on Rte 30, for 6 miles to the village of Dorset. Follow Rte 30 north for 2 more miles to its junction with Rte 315. Turn west onto Rte 315 and travel uphill 1 mile to the studio on the right in a white house with black shutters. Our sign is out front.