Orange and Washington County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2018 May 26 & 27
Orange County Regional Information Center
L. White River Craft Center. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Washington County Regional Information Centers
M. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
N. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
- 135. White River Craft Center - Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912. Take I-89 exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Rte 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. After Cumberland Farms, bear left onto Rte 12, and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant's Row, go through the stop sign and straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead.
- 136. Turned Bowls by David McWilliams - David McWilliams. Turned bowls, from local wood. 43 Star Mountain Rd, South Strafford VT 05070. (802) 765-4076. Take exit 2 for Sharon from I-89, and turn onto Rte 132 toward Strafford. Travel 2 miles and turn right onto Beaver Meadow Rd. After about 200 yards, take the left fork onto Downer Rd and travel for 2 miles to Star Mountain Rd. Turn left onto Star Mountain Rd and go about 0.4 to our studio on the left hand side.
- 137. Jeffrey Gale Basketmaker - Jeffrey Gale. Traditional white ash baskets, made by hand. Box 84, 72 Old City Falls Rd Strafford VT 05072. (802) 765-4230. In Strafford, from Justin Smith Morrill highway, turn onto Old City Falls Branch. Travel for about 0.7 mile to the studio.
- 138. Zug Glass Studio - Janet Zug. Handblown glass, demonstrations and sales. 168 Dickerman Hill, Tunbridge VT 05038. (802) 738-9602. From I-89 take exit 2 at Sharon and turn left off the exit and right onto Rte 14 N. Go 6 miles to Rte 110 in South Royalton. Turn onto Rte 110 across from the S. Royalton Bridge. Go north for 8.5 miles to Dickerman Hill Rd. on the left. Turn left and travel for 1.5 miles up this gravel road to my driveway on the right. From E. Randolph, take exit 4 on I-89 and turn up the hill on Rte 66 and travel to a T with a stop sign. Go right onto Rte 14 in E. Randolph. Go less than a mile to a left onto Chelsea Mtn Rd. and travel for 3 miles, up and over the hill. After the apex of the road, take the first right onto Dickerman Hill Rd. Travel on this gravel road for 1.5 miles to my driveway on the left.
- 139. Romulus Craft - Ikuzi Teraki and Jeanne Bisson. Handcrafted contemporary porcelain, innovative and beautiful. 8495 VT Rte 110, Washington VT 05675. (802) 685-3869. From Barre, head east on Rte 302. At the roundabout in East Barre, turn right and then take the next left onto Rte 110 and continue south to Washington Village, about 5 miles. Go through the village of Washington, continuing south on Rte 110 towards Chelsea for about 4.5 miles. We are located on the left hand side in a long wooden building.
- 140. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd, opposite Country Motor Cars. Travel west on Lincoln Gap Rd for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox. At the mailbox, make a right turn into our driveway.
- 141. The Luminous Moose - Andy O'Brien. Custom stained glass designs. 4366 Main St, #3, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 296-1234 or (802) 496-5107. Andy will be showing his work at Moosewalk Studios and Gallery, 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. Please follow directions in that listing.
- 142. Alice Cheney Painting/Encaustics - Alice Cheney. Carved encaustic paintings with luminescence. 19 Fuller Hill, Warren VT 05674. (802) 496-6773. From Warren Village head south on Main St. Turn left onto Fuller Hill Rd. My house is the white house with a large front porch on the corner of Fuller Hill and Main St. The studio is behind the house, please drive up the driveway.
- 143. Luke Iannuzzi Pottery - Luke Iannuzzi. Raku art and dinnerware sets. 5711 E. Warren Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 839-9650. From Warren Village, head north up Brook Rd. Brook Rd becomes E. Warren Rd. My studio is located on the east side, just past the cemetery after Roxbury Mountain Rd.
- 144. Noel Bailey Ceramics - Noel Bailey. Functional high-fire porcelain. 364 Harris Hill, Waitsfield VT 05673. (970) 518-7567. From the intersection of Rte 100 and Rte 17 in Waitsfield, head west on Rte 17 for 1.4 miles. Turn left (south) on Harris Hill Road (immediately after Marble Hill Road). Go 0.4 miles up Harris Hill and studio/home is on the right with a red roof.
- 145. All Things Bright and Beautiful - Gaelic McTigue. Wooden folk art Christmas ornaments, Santas, cats, dogs. 27 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-3997. Enter Waitsfield on Rte 100. Turn onto Bridge St and find us in a three story Victorian house, between the covered bridge and the library.
- 146. Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Vast variety of unique art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Traveling south on Rte 100, go 5 miles past the intersection of Rtes 100 and 100B into the town of Waitsfield. The gallery is on the left, about 0.25 mile past Mad River Garden Center and is set back from the road across from mailbox # 4237. Traveling north on Rte 100, continue into Waitsfield and past Bridge St. The gallery is 0.25 mile further on the right.
- 147. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery. Unit 1, in the apartment building, will be well marked.
- 148. Sprout Industry Designs - Kelly O'Hearn. Block prints on paper and clothing. 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 272 4101. Kelly's studio space is part of Elga Gemst's studio at 1104 Rte 100B. Follow directions in that listing.
- 149. The Mud Studio - Michael Sullivan. Showing the work of 20 potters. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. Located on Rte 2 next to the Red Hen Bakery & Cafe.
- 150. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Functional, patterned, modern, stoneware, pottery. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 and travel toward Waterbury. At the roundabout take the second turn onto N Main St/Rte 2. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 151. *Ziemke Glassblowing Studio - Glenn Ziemke. Colorful contemporary blown glass. PO Box 327, 3029 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Ctr VT 05677. (802) 244-6126. Studio located on Rte 100, 3 miles north of I-89 exit 10. We are on the left side of Rte 100. Look for a large Ziemke Glassblowing Studio sign.
- 152. Flint Brook Pottery - Deborah Van Ness. Handthrown, functional stoneware pottery. 471 Minister Brook Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-0259. flintbrookpottery.com. On Rte 12 in Worcester Village, turn onto Minister Brook Rd. Flint Brook Pottery is 2 miles up on the right.
- 153. *Green Mountain Hooked Rugs. - Stephanie Krauss. Traditional hand hooked rugs, classes. 2838 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-1333. Travel on Main St straight through the Montpelier town center and take the first right off the roundabout. Continue north up Main St hill. Continue straight. The road name changes to County Rd. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 3.6 miles. I am on the right in a white house.
- 154. Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography - Annie Tiberio Cameron. Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness. 110 Ledgewood Terrace, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 999-7661. On I-89, take exit 8 and travel through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights, go left over the bridge and straight through the lights at State St and Bailey Ave. Take the second left onto Terrace St. Go for 1 mile and turn right at Ledgewood Terrace. Look for a green and yellow house ahead on the circle. The studio is in lower level in the back and is accessed across deck between house and garage, down two sets of stairs.
- 155. Robinson Whistles - Delia Robinson. Clay whistles, narrative art and music. 10 Guernsey Ave, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 505-1193. From the intersection of State and Main in Montpelier, head up East State St toward Vermont College of Fine Arts. Take the first right onto Hubbard Street, an immediate left onto First Ave., and a right onto Tremont Street. PLEASE NOTE: Guernsey is too narrow for parking so park on First Ave or Tremont. Enter the first right, Guernsey Ave. My house is yellow, second on the right
- 156. Center for Arts and Learning - Hats, painting, rock sculpture, artists. 46 Barre St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 595-5252. From I-89, take exit 8 and go left at the fourth traffic light onto Main St/Rte 12. Turn at the second right onto Barre St. CAL is on your left at the corner of Wilder St. Park alongside the building and street parking is also available.
- 157. Studio at 24 Main - Sam Colt. Collaborative studio, work by several artists. 24 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 595-2222. From 1-89 take exit 8 and travel through 3 sets of traffic lights. Turn left at the fourth set onto Main St and travel across the bridge. 24 Main is on the left above The Drawing Board and Savoy Theatre.
- 158. Kingfisher Forge - Chris Eaton. Blacksmith studio and hardware shop. 31 Calais Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 272-1296. Chris's studio is located just south of Montpelier at 6451 Northfield ST (Rte 12). From exit 8 on I-89, at the fourth set of traffic lights go right onto Rte 12 and travel about 1.4 miles to the studio, located behind the Uhaul dealership on the right.
- 159. May Day Studio - Kelly McMahon. Quirky paper goods, letterpress, bookbinding. 190 River St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-0639. Travel from Montpelier east on Rte 2/ River St. About 0.8 mile beyond the intersection of Rte 2 with Rte 12 (Main St in Montpelier), pass Pioneer St and turn left into the first driveway. Follow yellow signs to find May Day Studio on the right.
- 160. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Hand made books, artist's books, paper. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the junction of Center Rd and County Rd (Main St extension) turn left and follow to Town Hill Rd on the left. Take Town Hill Rd to its junction with Gallison Hill Rd. Travel past U-32 High School and look for the house with the blue roof on the right. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 161. Studio Place Arts - Art center with 3 galleries, 12 studios, sculpture tour. 201 North Main St, Barre VT 05641. (802) 479-7069. Take I-89 to exit 7. Travel through 3 sets of traffic lights and take Rte 62 to Barre. At the junction of Rte 62 and Rte 302 turn right. SPA art center is on the left, across from Depot Square.
- 162. L. Koehler Pottery - Leslie Koehler. Majolica glazed terracotta earthenware. 1340 Laird Pond Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 223-3231. Take Rte 2 east to Plainfield Village. At the blinking light, turn down a short hill into the village. Go straight past the fire station and take the left fork onto Maple Hill Rd. At the top of the hill, take a left onto Holt Rd. Travel about 1 mile to the intersection of Holt Rd and Laird Pond Rd. Turn left onto Laird Pond Rd. Studio is immediately on the left, #1340 Laird Pond Rd. Traveling west toward Plainfield from Marshfield, turn left onto Nasmith Brook Rd and continue past Twinfield School driveway. The road merges with Laird Pond Rd. Continue to the end of Laird Pond Rd and find the studio on the right. Total distance from the turn onto Nasmith Smith Rd is about 3 miles.
- 163. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3369. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 164. Bent Nails Studios - Aaron Scot Ingham. Unique, provocative, functional work using mostly repurposed materials. 1292 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 595-4148. On Rte 2 in Marshfield Village, next to the cemetery and across from the fire station.
- 165. *Vermont Floorcloths and Fiber Arts - Sandy Ducharme. Handpainted canvas rugs, hooked wool rugs. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. On Rte 2 in Marshfield, turn onto Rte 215. Go about 2.5 miles (you will pass a cemetery on the right and the Cabot Greenhouse on the left). Turn left onto Ducharme Rd. Studio and workshop are 1.0 mile up on the left. The furniture workshop is on the lower driveway. Fiber studio is located in the house.
- 166. *Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture - Richard Ducharme. Adirondack furniture, chairs, gliders, loveseats and porch swings. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. Please follow directions above. The furniture workshop is on the lower driveway.
- 167. Cabot Artisans Gallery. Art, unique local Vermont products. 3053 Main St, Cabot VT 05647. (802) 563-3338. Take Rte 2 to Marshfield, turn left onto Rte 215 and travel toward Cabot Creamery. Continue past the Creamery 100 yards to the village center. We are located at 3053 Main St.