and Directions are below the map.
The Orange-Windsor Map and Guide PDF
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
A. White River Craft Center. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912.
- The Art of Craft. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298.
C. *Gallery at the VAULT . 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111.
Orange County Studios
- 1. Barnyard Quilting - Sharon Petersen. Custom and machine quilting, quilts, totes. PO Box 162, 232 Rte 5N, Fairlee VT 05046. (802) 333-3566. From I-91 take exit 15 (Fairlee exit). Turn east and go a few hundred yards to a stop sign. Wing's Market will be across the road. Turn left (north) on Rte 5. Go about 0.25 mile and shop will be on the right, just before the feed store and across the road from the public library.
- 2. White River Craft Center - Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912. Take I-89 exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Rte 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. Continue to the Cumberland Farms and bear left (Rte 12S) over the bridge and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant's Row and go to the stop sign. Proceed straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead at 50 Randolph Ave. Parking is available up the driveway to the right of the WRCC sign.
A. White River Craft Center. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912.
Windsor County Studios
- 3. *Stone Revival - Julian Isaacson. Works in the round, marble, hardwood, tiles. PO Box 507, Pittsfield VT 05762. Studio Location: 1354 Rte 100. Stockbridge VT 05772. (802) 746-8110. From Rutland, travel east on Rte 4 and turn north onto Rte 100. Go 10 miles on Rte 100 and we are on the right. From I-89, take exit 3, go west on Rte 107, bear left at the juncture of Rte 107 and Rte 100, and we are 0.5 mile on the left. From Waitsfield, travel south on Rte 100 about 25 miles and find us on the left.
- 4. ArtisTree Community Arts Center and Gallery - Adrian Tans. Representational painting, landscapes, Vermont, Japan. 1206 VT Rte 12, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-3500. From downtown Woodstock, head north on Rte 12 for 0.8 miles. The gallery will be on the left. It is located 0.5 miles past Billings Farm and Museum.
- 5. Vermont Stone Cross Company - Kenny Hamblin IV. Benches, birdbaths, vases, lamps, frames. PO Box 33, Hartland VT 05049. (802) 436-2526. Located at 24 Hamblin Rd, Hartland. On I-91 take exit 9 (Hartland). If traveling south on I-91, take a right. If traveling north on I-91, take a left off the exit. Drive 0.5 mile to Rice Rd on the left. Turn left onto Rice Rd and travel for about 2.5 miles to Hamblin Hill Rd. Turn left and our studio is at the end of that road, about 0.25 mile.
- 6. Vermont Vantage Point - Gail Barton. Mixed media, representational, abstract, paintings, baskets. 29 Main St, Windsor VT 05089. (802) 674-2411. From I-91, take exit 9 and travel south to Windsor. I am located on Main St in Windsor before the first stop light, in a large peach colored Victorian house with a wrap around porch.
- 7. *VanNatta Gallery - Lynn VanNatta. Oil paintings, plein air, animals. 543 Shattuck Hill Rd, Brownsville VT 05037. (802) 484-7253. From Woodstock, go south on Rte 106 and turn off at Rte 44. Pass the animal shelter and turn left onto Shattuck Hill.* On I-91 going south take exit 9 and go left off the ramp. Follow signs to Windsor. In Windsor center (at Cumberland Farms) go right onto Rte 44, and continue past Ascutney Mountain Resort, thru Brownsville. Shattuck Hill Road is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. * On I-91 going north, take exit 8 and go right off ramp. Take the first left onto Rte 5, then bear left on Rte 44A, then bear left on Rte 44. Go past Ascutney Mountain Resort, into Brownsville Village. Shattuck Hill Rd is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. *VanNatta Gallery is the left at the top of the hill.
- 8. Watercolors by Nancy Lent Lanoue - Nancy Lanoue. Original scenic watercolors of farms and nature. 714 Skitchewaug Trail, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-6156. Nancy will be showing at Lynn Vannatta's studio, 543 Shattuck Hill Rd, Brownsville VT 05037. Follow directions in #7.
- 9. *Rockledge Farm Woodworks - Scott Duffy. Hand-crafted wood furniture and home accessories. 58 Ascutney Basin Road, Weathersfield, VT 05062. (800) 653-2700. From I-89, take exit 1 and go west on Rte 4 until it meets Rte 106 in Woodstock. Go south on Rte 106 for 15.3 miles. Turn left on Ascutney Basin Rd. From exit 8 on I-91, go west on Rte 131 for 7 miles to the junction of Rtes 131 and 106. Turn right on Rte 106 and travel for 2.5 miles to Ascutney Basin Rd. Watch for our sign.
- 10. *Clear Lake Furniture Makers - Brent Karner. Hardwood furniture showroom, upholstery, workshop. 322 Rte 100 North, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8395. We are minutes from Okemo Mountain. From Rte 103 north, take Rte 100 north. Clear Lake Furniture is 0.5 mile up on the right - a big red barn, clearly marked.
- 11. Little Cricket Photography - Janie Dumas. Bold, dramatic, detailed, expressive photography. 4219 E Hill Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 558-6323. Studio Location: 22 Smith St, Ludlow VT. From Rte 103, Main St in the middle of Ludlow, turn at the light onto N Depot St and then right onto Smith St. Find us on the left side of the street. The photo gallery is in the building at the end of the driveway.
- 12. *Rich DeTrano Woodturner - Rich DeTrano. Woodturnings, hollow vessels, demonstrations, tools. 488 Andover Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8894. Take Rte 103 in Ludlow to Rte 100S for about 2 miles to a left fork at Andover Rd. Take Andover Rd for about 1 mile to #488 on the right.
- 13. Robert Sydorowich Artist - Robert Sydorowich. Original Vermont landscape paintings. 4219 E Hill Rd, Andover VT 05143. (802) 875-3154. From Ludlow, take Rte 100 south for 3 miles and turn left on Andover Road. Go 2 miles to the studio. From Chester, at the green, take Rte 11 west 3.6 miles. Go right on Andover Rd for 3 miles, make a right on East Hill Rd, and go 4.2 miles to the studio.
- 14. Robert O'Brien Watercolors - Robert O'Brien. Watercolor paintings and prints. 2811 Weathersfield Center Rd, Perkinsville VT 05151. (802) 263-9394. Take exit 8 on I-91 and turn west onto Rte 131 for about 2 miles. Turn left on Weathersfield Center Rd, and go up the hill for 2.5 miles to the studio which is on the left in a red house.
- 15. *Gallery at the VAULT - Vermont State Craft Center. Local and regional fine arts, exceptional artisans. 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111. From I-91, take exit 7 and travel west 3.8 miles on Rte 11 into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your right, at #68 Main Street, next to "56 Main, The Restaurant". From Chester, take Rte 11 east into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your left.
- 16. Richard Cofrancesco Photography - Richard Cofrancesco. Landscapes and surreal prints on aluminium. 100 Massey Rd, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-1156. From I-91 exit 7/Springfield, go to the center of Springfield, about 3 miles. At the light, turn left, cross the bridge and turn right up Park St. Turn left onto Union St, and right onto Craigue Hill Rd. After about 1.5 miles, turn right onto Massey Rd at the yield sign. We are in the first house on the left. From Ludlow, turn left at the blinker in Gassetts onto Rte 10 and travel towards Springfield. Rte 10 becomes Rte 11 in N. Springfield. Turn right at the light. The Plaza will be on your left and McDonald's on your right. Go left at the blinker. Go right onto Union St, and right onto Craigue Hill Rd. After about 1.5 miles, turn right onto Massey Rd at the yield sign. We are in the first house on the left.
- 17. Bonnie's Bundles Dolls - Bonnie Watters. See and touch 75 original handmade cloth dolls. 250 North St, Rte 103N, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-2114. From the center of Chester, at the intersection of Rte 103 and Rte 11, take Rte 103 north for one mile to the Stone Village (a cluster of ten historic stone structures). Our stone house/studio is the last one on the right, diagonally opposite the First Universalist Parish.
- 18. Howard Hill Road Art Studio - Martha Nichols. Large and small semi-abstract landscapes. PO Box 726, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-4380. Location: 1152 Howard Hill Rd, Andover. In Chester, travel west on Rte 11 for about 6.5 miles. Turn left onto Howard Hill Rd and go 1.2 miles up the road to the studio sign on the right. Turn right up the driveway to the studio.