Chittenden County Map and Links
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2013— May 25 and 26
Links to studios and directions are below the map.
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
B. Frog Hollow Gallery - 85 Church St, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 863-6458.
Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. 22 Barber Farm Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211
On The Rocks
- 12. Canpaint Studio - Jean Cannon. Exquisite watercolors, birds, trees, still-lifes. 1 Mill St, #324, Burlington VT 05401. (802) 399-4001. On 1-89 take exit 14W onto Rte 2W. Take a right on East Avenue and travel to its end at Colchester Avenue. Go right and travel on Colchester Avenue until just before the bridge over the river to Winooski. Take a right onto Mill St. 1 Mill St is just beyond Dominos Pizza. My studio is in Suite 324, on the top floor. Drive around the right side of the building to a large parking lot in the rear and enter the door marked E-4. Bear left at the first hallway and you will see a stairwell. Go upstairs and follow the numbers until you get to #324. (There is an elevator and handicap access to this building.)
- 13. Howard Nelson Riley. American primitive folk art. PO Box 97, Essex Junction VT 05453. Studio Location: 1610 Troy Avenue, Fort Ethan Allen, Colchester VT 05466. (802) 324-1144. Located on Rte 15 between Colchester and Winooski. Look for yellow signs.
- 14. Ginny Joyner. Watercolor paintings, beautiful and detailed. 504 Dalton Drive, Unit B, Colchester VT 05446. (802) 655-0899. On I-89 traveling north take exit 15 and turn right off the exit ramp toward Essex. Count five traffic lights to the entrance of Fort Ethan Allen. Turn left into the fort and make an immediate right turn onto Dalton Drive by two large brick columns. My studio is at the corner of Dalton Dr. and King Street. Turn left onto King Street and left again into the parking lot behind the building. The studio entrance is at the back of the building where you parked.
- 15. Ann Laberge. 20" X 30" photographs, social sculpture. 605A Dalton Dr, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 655-9219. From Burlington, travel north on I-89 to exit 15. Turn right off the exit onto Rte 15 and travel east for 1.3 miles. Turn left onto Barnes Ave and then right at Dalton Drive and travel 0.5 mile. Dalton Drive faces the huge park and parallels Rte 15. There is a group of 3 duplexes with white clapboard tops and long porches. My home studio is in the middle one, around back and down seven stairs.
- 16. Marilyn A. James, Artist. Landscapes, still life, reproductions, cards. 370 Old Stage Rd, Essex Jct. VT 05452. (802) 879-1255. Go 3.5 miles north on Old Stage Rd from Rte 15. We are the third driveway past the Essex Country Club Driveway. The house is on the right.
- 17. *The Gallery at Phoenix Books and Cafe - Mike DeSanto. Featuring local artist's work, demonstrations. The Essex Shoppes and Cinema # 407, Essex Junction VT 05452. (802) 872-7111. From the north, take exit 17 on 1-89 south. Turn left at the exit, then right at the lights onto Rte 7S. Go 3 miles and take a left onto Rte 2A. Go 3 more miles to Rte 289E. Take exit 10 then left onto Essex Way. From the south, take exit 11 on 1-89n. Take a hard right onto Rte 117 and travel for 5.8 miles to 289w. Take 289w to exit 10 then right onto Essex Way.
- 18. *Julie Y. Baker Albright. Realistic classical oil paintings, prints. 75 Chapin Rd, Essex VT 05452. (802) 878-0644. At the light in Essex Center (junction of Rte 128 and Rte 15) turn onto Towers Rd. Turn, at the second right, onto Chapin Rd. Number 75 is the second house on the right about 1 mile up.
- 19. Brickhouse Studios Inc. - John Churchman. Cards, fine art images, journals, calendars. 15 Gray Way, Essex Junction VT 05452. (802) 899-2000. Enter Jericho on Rte 15. Take first left after Snowflake Chocolates onto Old Pump Road. Travel 1.25 miles and turn right onto Gray Way. Take first right at 15 Gray Way. Keep right at top of the hill for the Gallery/Studio.
- 20. Low Mileage Art - (michael smith). Colorful, whimsical, contemporary acrylic paintings. 470 Cilley Hill Rd, Underhill Vt 05489. (802) 324-0272. In Jericho on Rte 15, travel east toward Cambridge. From the corner of Rte 15 and Brown's Trace Rd, go 2.4 miles, through Underhill Flats, to Cilley Hill Rd. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd and travel for 0.4 mile to the second driveway on the left.
- 21. Rend'l Pottery - Irene Lederer LaCroix. Raku pottery, lamps, tiles. 62 Sawmill Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-5546. Studio Location: Just over town line in Essex. In Jericho, on Rte 15 east travel one mile from the Old Red Mill and the sharp curve at Joe's Snack Bar on Rte 15. Turn left on Cilley Hill Rd at the Freedom Horse Farm (first left after the Jericho post office). Cross the one lane bridge and stay left at the fork (Hanley Lane). Travel to the Essex town line where the road becomes Sawmill Rd. My house is the brown cedar saltbox on the left exactly 2.3 miles from Rte 15. The studio is in the barn behind the house.
- 22. Mary Hill Studios - Mary Hill. Colorful whimsical painting of flowers, animals, barns. 52 Kelly Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 793-8277. From I-89, take exit 11. At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Rte 2 and then immediately bear right onto Rte 117. Immediately turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and follow until it ends in a T. Turn left onto Browns Trace Rd. Follow Browns Trace a few miles to its end in a T. Browns Trace intersects Rte 15 at Clarks Truck Center. Turn right down the hill to Mobil Station. Continue on Rte 15, for 2.8 mile and turn left on Kelley Rd. Follow for 0.7 mile to the top of hill. 23. Hounds Bay Woodworking LLC - Dennis Grage. Lathe turned wooden bowls. 301 Irish Settlement Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-4963, (802) 310-6308. Travel northeast on Rte 15 through Jericho to River Rd in Underhill. Turn right and travel for 2.7 miles. River Rd becomes Pleasant Valley Rd. Continue for 0.4 mile and turn left onto Irish Settlement Rd. Travel for 3 miles and find me on the left.
- 24. Gerald K. Stoner - Gerry Stoner. Whimsical, graceful, welded steel sculpture. 185 River Rd, Underhill VT 05489. (802) 899-5313. From Jolley's Store on Rte 15 in Jericho, travel toward River Rd. Take the first right onto River Rd and drive 1.9 miles. Find us in the blue farmhouse with red doors at 185 River Rd.
- 25. May Made - Shannon Greenlese. Silver bells, earrings, necklaces, gemstones. 14 Beechwood Lane, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3956. From Rte 15 in Jericho heading east, turn right onto Packard Rd. Go 0.2 mile and make the first left onto Kriste Lane. Go 0.3 mile and make the second right onto Beechwood Lane. Go 0.1 mile to the end and park in the cul-de-sac.
- 26. Withdrawn.
- 27. Skunk Hollow Studios - Russ Fellows. Bowls, plates, decorative pieces, platters. 26 John Davis Dr, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3059. From I-89, take exit 11, and follow signs for Essex Jct, Rte 117 W. Go 3.5 miles and turn right on Skunk Hollow Rd. Go 2.6 miles, and left onto John Davis Dr. Travel to the end and find me at #26. In Jericho, from Rte 15, take Lee River Rd across from Joe's Snack Bar. Go to a three way stop and right onto Plains Rd. Go 0.5 mile to second three way stop and bear right onto Skunk Hollow Rd, right onto John Davis Dr and travel to the end, #26.
- 28. Mary Krause. Paintings, cards, prints, magnets, giclees. 75 Partridge Dr, Essex Jct VT 05452. (802) 878-9971. From Burlington, travel north on I-89 to exit 15. Turn right off the exit onto Rte 15 which is also E Allen St. and Grand Army of the Republic Hwy. Continue to follow Rte 15E for 3.5 miles. Stay straight to go onto Maple St. which is also Rte 117 and go for 3.2 miles. Turn left onto Sandhill Rd and go 0.9 mile. Turn left onto Allen Martin Pkwy and go for 0.3 mile. Turn right onto Partridge Dr and watch for yellow studio signs. From Jericho go west on Rte 15 for 2 miles and turn left onto Allen Martin Dr and go for 0.8 mile. Stay straight to go onto Sandhill Rd for 0.1 mile. Turn right onto Allen Martin Pkwy and go for 0.3 mile and follow directions above.
- 29. Emile A. Gruppe Gallery. Serving as headquarters for state maps and exhibits of local area artists. 22 Barber Farm Road, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3211. On I-89 take exit 11 and go west very briefly on Rte 2. At the stoplight bear right onto Rte 117. Proceed 2.5 miles then turn right onto Barber Farm Road. Go 2.3 miles and the gallery is on your left in the barn complex behind a large white colonial farmhouse, six large solar panels in the field on the left.
- 30. Harald Aksdal. Detailed landscapes of trees, ink and watercolor. PO Box 41, Fairfax VT 05454. (802) 849-2351. Harald will show at Emile Gruppe Gallery. See directions above.
- 31. Fairfield Farm Bowls - Toby Fulwiler. Classic hardwood bowls, lathe demonstration. 1941 Ridge Rd, Fairfield VT 05455. (802) 827-3779. Toby will show at Emile Gruppe Gallery. See directions above.
- 32. Carl Newton, Bentwood Box Maker - Carl Newton. Shaker and Norwegian oval boxes. 23 Ayers Drive, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-3874. Carl will be at Emile Gruppe Gallery. See directions above.
- 33. On The Rocks - Christopher Cleary. Natural stone carvings, sculpture, birdbaths. 353 Browns Trace Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-6832. From I-89, take exit 11 and turn west onto Rte 2. Turn right onto Rte 117W, and go for 2.7 miles. Turn right onto Barber Farm Rd. Follow to the stop sign. Turn left onto Brown's Trace Rd. We are the 3rd driveway on the right. The studio is located in the red barn.
- 34. Dianne Shullenberger. Layered fabric collage and colored pencil. 228 Nashville Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 899-4993. From I-89 take exit 11 and look for Rte 117. At the corner of Rte 117 and Governor Peck Rd (Blue Flame Gas Company), turn right onto Governor Peck Rd and go all the way to the end. Take a left onto Browns Trace Rd traveling 1 mile. At Maple Corner Farm Stables go right onto Nashville Rd and travel for 2 miles. Gallery and studio located in the historic homestead of Snowflake Bentley, a large farm house on the right across from a trailer.
- 35. Meinhardt Design, Inc - Jean Meinhardt. Hand-thrown porcelain pottery, micro-crystalline glazes. 202 Murray Drive, Richmond VT 05477. (802) 434-2409. From exit 11 on I-89, turn onto Rte 2 and travel east toward Richmond. Continue straight through the traffic light in Richmond and go about 3 miles. Look for a red barn on the right. Murray Drive is opposite the barn. Turn left onto Murray Drive and go to the top. Traveling west on Rte 2 from Waterbury, go 0.5 mile past Jonesville and see the red barn on the left, Murray Drive on the right. Go to the top of the drive.
- 36. Nancy Stone - Nancy Stone. Handmade books, original paintings, drawings. 294 Old Creamery Rd, Williston VT 05495. (802) 879-0243. On I-89, take exit 12 and go south on Rte 2A for 0.7 mile. At the crest of the hill, turn left onto Old Creamery Rd. Drive 0.3 mile to #294 on the right. The studio is in the woods beyond the gray house with white trim and is accessed by steep stairs leading to the second floor.
- 37. T J F Turnings LLC - Theodore Fink. Artistic woodturned bowls, lidded boxes. PO Box 850, 136 Davis Ave, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 985-2923. From the traffic light on Rte 7, at the center of the village of Shelburne, go west on Harbor Rd for 0.2 mile. Turn left onto School St, immediately after the school and go 0.1 mile to Davis Ave. Turn right and find my studio in the sixth house on the right #136.
- 38. Shelburne Pond Studios - Katharine Stockman. Sculpture, paintings, multi-media, fiber and book arts. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 999-4394. Pond Road is off of Rte 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. The studios are 1.2 miles on Pond Road from either direction. Large sculptures are set into the field next to the road. Turn into the driveway and proceed to the barn. Lyna Lou's studio is #6 toward the back.
- 39. *Lyna Lou Line - Lyna Lou Nordstrom. Monotypes, collographs, silkscreen, fabric art. 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. (802) 658-0019. Pond Road is off of Rt. 116 or Dorset Street in Shelburne. Lyna Lou's studio is #6 toward the back.
- 40. Vermont Glass Designs - Ruth Murphy. Handcrafted beveled glass, stained glass. PO Box 8103, Burlington VT 05402. (802) 660-7088. Ruth's studio is at Shelburne Pond Studios, 1260 Pond Rd, Shelburne VT 05482. Please follow directions above.
- 41. Sean Dye Studio - Sean Dye. Original oils, pastels and monotypes. 681 Willow Brook Lane, St. George VT 05495. (802) 482-6421. On I-89, take exit 12 and turn towards Hinesburg on Rte 2A up hill. Go left on Old Creamery Rd to the end. Go right on Oak Hill Rd, and right onto Willow Brook Lane. Travel 0.6 mile to the studio which is on the left.
- 42. Holzer Bindery - Marianna Holzer. Bookbinding, goldstamping, journals, leatherwork, music. 66 Koza's Run, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 482-4664. From exit 12 on I-89, go south on Rte 2A for 1 mile. Turn left onto Old Creamery Rd and follow to the end, about 2 miles. Turn right onto Oak Hill Rd, going south for 4 miles. Koza's Run is on the right after the "Welcome to Hinesburg" sign. Studio is the first right on Koza's Run, just past the row of tall spruce trees, NOT at the top of the hill. From Rte 116 in Hinesburg, turn onto CVU Rd at the light. Turn left onto Pond Rd at the stop. Go up a long hill, and stay left at the fork with Pond Brook Rd. Look for Koza's Run on the left.
- 43. Jean Carlson Masseau. Watercolor paintings, illustration, photography, drawings. 54 Windrow Lane, Hinesburg, VT 05461. (802) 482-2407. From South Burlington go south on Rte 116 to Hinesburg. Traveling south on Rte 116 to Hinesburg Village, go straight on Silver Street instead of following Rte 116 around the sweeping curve to the left. On Silver St also known as Monkton Rd, go 1.2 miles to Windrow Lane which is a private drive on the right. We are the first house, brown cedar with tan trim and green doors.
- 44. Sally Merring Reiss. Paintings in oil and watercolor. 756 Buck Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 482-3295. From the center of Hinesburg going south on Rte 116, pass Town Hall on the right and Lantman's IGA on the left. Continue on Rte 116. As you leave the village, the road sweeps to the left. Buck Hill Rd is the second road on the left. Turn onto Buck Hill Rd West and travel to the top, passing through the intersection of Lavigne Rd. Find my studio down the fourth driveway on the right after the intersection.
- 45. Alexandra Haselton. Acrylic landscape paintings. 2453 Notch Rd, Jericho VT 05465. (802) 318-1296. Alexandra will be a guest at Sally Merring Reiss's studio. Follow directions above.
- 46. *Fiona Cooper Fenwick Studio / Gallery - Fiona Cooper Fenwick. Oil and pastel paintings. 1008 Hayden Hill Rd West, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 482-4067. From I-89, take exit 12. Go south on Rte 2A for 5 miles which will T into Rte 116. At the intersection, turn left onto Rte 116 and go south for 2 miles where you will come to a stop light. Turn left onto CVU Rd and head east for 0.6 miles to a stop sign. Continue straight onto Richmond Rd for 1.4 miles and where the road bears left, you continue straight to an immediate stop sign. Turn right onto North Rd, and head south for 1.2 miles. Turn left onto Hayden Hill Rd, go for 1 mile to #1008. Driveway is on the right. Go up the drive, 0.5 mile to sand colored stucco house.
- 47. Lori Yarrow Designs - Lori Yarrow. Jewelry, silver, unique, copper, stones. 679 Sherman Hollow Rd, Hinesburg VT 05461. (802) 578-8195. On I-89 take exit 11 and travel on Rte 2 east to Richmond. At the light in the center of town, turn right onto Bridge St. The road curves to the right after the Round Church and becomes Huntington Road. Take the first right onto Hinesburg Road. This road goes up a hill and then curves to the left at Fays Corner. From Fays Corner go another 3 miles on the Hinesburg Road and turn left onto Swamp Road. Go 0.25 mile to the end and turn left onto Sherman Hollow Road. In 0.75 mile, you will see the driveway on the left and the number 679 is tacked to a tree.
- 48. Huntington River Smithy - Jim Fecteau. Hooks, lighting, hardware, gates, hangers. 1735 Main Rd, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-3871. From I-89 north or south, take Richmond exit 11. Go south on Rte 2 towards Richmond. At traffic light take a right onto Bridge Street. Go over RR tracks, river, and by Round Church (on the left). Bear right around corner. Go about 5 miles towards Huntington. You will see a green sign for Texas Hill Rd. (on the right). 0.25 mile past Texas Hill Rd., on the left, is my shop / house. Wood finish on both buildings. Shop has sign on the front and 1735.
- 49. Huntington Valley Arts. Weaving, pastels, pottery, fiber arts, woodwork. 2209 Main Rd, PO Box 91, Huntington VT 05462. (802) 434-4235. On I-89, take exit 11 and go east on Rte 2 to Richmond. Turn right at the stop light, and bear right at the round church. Follow signs for Huntington and go for 7 miles. Fuller House is a big gray house on the left, just after Beaudry’s Store.