Central Region - Washington County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Regional Information Centers
F. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
G. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
H. Blinking Light Gallery - 16 Main St, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-0141.
- 51. Patricia de Gogorza. Paintings, sculpture, carving in stone and wood. 1580 Dog Pond Rd, Woodbury VT 05650. (802) 456-8940. From Hardwick, travel south on Rte 14 5.5 miles to the center of Woodbury. Turn right onto Valley Lake Rd and travel 0.4 mile, to Wheeler Hill Rd. Turn left onto Wheeler Hill Rd and travel 0.8 mile to Dog Pond Rd. Turn right onto Dog Pond Rd and find us on the right. From Montpelier, take Rte 2 and travel north, to E. Montpelier and the junction of Rte 14 and Rte 2. Follow Rte 14 north through N. Montpelier and East Calais. Four miles past E. Calais, turn left onto Foster Hill Rd. Travel for 100 yards and take a right onto Dog Pond Rd. Go for 1 mile and take the sharp right turn. Travel for 0.25 mile, bear left at the fork. Travel 0.5 mile to a mailbox with #1580 on it. Take this driveway to the studio.
- 52. Kingfisher Forge - Chris Eaton. Blacksmith studio and hardware shop. 31 Calais Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 272-1296. From Montpelier, travel north on the County Rd to Maple Corners for about 9 miles. Turn left onto Worcester Rd (which becomes Calais Rd) and continue straight for about 3.5 miles. We are the green house on the left across from Doty Memorial School. Travel north on Rte 12 from Montpelier about 8 miles to the Calais Rd on the right. We are the green house on the right across from Doty Memorial School.
- 53. Back Road Textiles - Francette Cerulli. Handmade sweaters, shawls, and quilts. (802) 229-9827. (802) 461-5978. Francette will be showing her work at the Worcester Town Hall, 12 Worcester Village Rd 05682, at the corner of Rte 12 and Calais Rd in Worcester. From Montpelier, travel north on Rte 12 for about 8 miles. The town hall on the right, the second building past the fire station. From Calais, just north of the store, turn left onto the Worcester Rd and travel to its junction with Rte 12. Find the Town Hall at the corner.
- 54. Marcia Hill. Beautiful paintings and art gifts. Worcester Town Hall, 12 Worcester Village Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 223-3591. Follow directions in #53 above.
- 55. Cindy Griffith - Cindy Griffith and Ira Sollace. Fine art prints, cards, woodturning. Worcester Town Hall, 12 Worcester Village Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-4326. Follow directions in #53 above.
- 56. Flint Brook Pottery - Deborah Van Ness. Handthrown, functional stoneware pottery. 471 Minister Brook Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-0259. On Rte 12 in Worcester Village, turn onto Minister Brook Rd. Flint Brook Pottery is 2 miles up on the right.
- 57. Galen Cheney Paintings - Abstract paintings large and small. 217 Brook Rd, Middlesex VT 05602. NEED PHONE. From the Red Hen Bakery in Middlesex, travel north on Rte 2, just 0.25 mile and turn right onto Center Rd. Travel for 1.25 miles and turn right onto Brook Rd. Find the studio in about 2.25 miles on the right.
- 58. The Hive, An Artist Collective - Paintings, furniture, glass, sculpture, jewelry. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 595-4866. Located in the Red Hen building in the Middleground complex. Follow directions from Mud Studio #59.
- 59. The Mud Studio - Showing the work of 20 potters. 961 Rte 2, Middlesex VT 05602. (802) 224-7000. On I-89, take exit 9, Middlesex/Waitsfield. Follow signs to Rte 2. Go left on Rte 2 and travel 0.2 mile to Camp Meade complex housing Red Hen Bakery & Cafe. Find us on the right side of the property.
- 60. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Colorful, high-fire, stoneware, pottery for daily use. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 and travel toward Waterbury. At the roundabout take the second turn onto N Main St/Rte 2. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 61. *Ziemke Glassblowing Studio - Glenn Ziemke. Colorful contemporary blown glass. PO Box 327, 3029 Waterbury-Stowe Rd, Waterbury Ctr VT 05677. (802) 244-6126. Studio located on Rte 100, 3 miles north of I-89 exit 10. We are on the left side of Rte 100. Look for a large Ziemke Glassblowing Studio sign.
- 62. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery. Unit 1, in the apartment building, will be well marked.
- 63. The Naked Potter Studio and Gallery - Luke Iannuzzi. Naked raku dinnerware for foodies. 1460 Main St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9935. Traveling north on I-89 take exit 9 and turn toward Rte 2. Take a left onto Rte 2 and travel to its junction with Rte 100B. Turn right and go for 6.8 miles to its end at Rte 100S. After this go 1.5 miles and find us on the right. Traveling south on I-89, take exit 10 and follow Rte 2 through Waterbury and turn right onto Rte 100. Follow Rte 100 for about eight miles and find us on the right.
- 64. *Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Vast variety of unique art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Traveling south on Rte 100, go 5 miles past the intersection of Rtes 100 and 100B into the town of Waitsfield. The gallery is on the left, about 0.25 mile past Mad River Garden Center and is set back from the road across from mailbox # 4237. Traveling north on Rte 100, continue into Waitsfield and past Bridge St. The gallery is 0.25 mile further on the right.
- 65. All Things Bright and Beautiful - Gaelic McTigue. Wooden folk art Christmas ornaments, Santas, cats, dogs. 27 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-3997. Enter Waitsfield on Rte 100. Turn onto Bridge St and find us in a three story Victorian house, between the covered bridge and the library on the left.
- 66. Loretta Languet Pottery - Loretta Languet. Stoneware, salt fired pottery, dinnerware. 206 Woods Rd, Fayston VT 05673. (802) 496-9447. In Waitsfield Village, travel south. Across from the Den restaurant, before the junction of Rtes 17 and 100, turn right onto Bragg Hill Rd. Drive 1.3 miles up Bragg Hill and head right onto Kew-Vasseur Rd. Drive 1 mile then turn left onto Woods Rd. We are the fourth house on the right and the studio is at the top of the driveway.
- 67. Noel Bailey Ceramics - Noel Bailey. Functional high-fire porcelain. 364 Harris Hill, Waitsfield VT 05673. (970) 518-7567. From the intersection of Rte 100 and Rte 17 in Waitsfield, head west on Rte 17 for 1.4 miles. Turn left (south) on Harris Hill Road (immediately after Marble Hill Road). Go 0.4 miles up Harris Hill and studio/home is on the right with a red roof.
- 68. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd, opposite Country Motor Cars. Travel west on Lincoln Gap Rd for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox. At the mailbox, make a right turn into our driveway.
- 69. Alice Cheney Painting/Encaustics - Alice Cheney. Carved encaustic paintings with luminescence. 19 Fuller Hill, Warren VT 05674. (802) 496-6773. From Warren Village, head south on Main St. Turn left onto Fuller Hill Rd. My house is the white house with a large front porch on the corner of Fuller Hill and Main St. The studio is behind the house, please drive up the driveway.
- 70. Josh Axelrod Photography - Josh Axelrod. Fine art photography. 324 Webster Rd, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-7788. From the Warren Store in Warren, head north on Main Street for 200 ft to Brook Rd and travel for 2.4 miles. Turn right onto Roxbury Gap Road and travel for 4.5 miles. This turns into Warren Mtn Rd and goes over the pass. Turn right onto Carrie Howe Road and travel for 1 mile to your first left, Webster Road. Continue for 0.3 miles to the 2nd driveway on your left, 324 Webster Road. From Roxbury Village, head west on Warren Mountain Rd for 0.4 mile. Make a slight left on Webster Rd and continue for 0.4 mile to #324. The studio is on the right.
- 71. Linda Berg Maney - Linda Maney. Colorful, abstract paintings on canvas and paper. PO Box 66, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 793-6038. Linda will be exhibiting her work at Josh Axelrod's studio. Please follow the directions in #70.
- 72. Jane Pincus Original Paintings - Jane Pincus. Imaginative, colorful, multi-layered paintings and collages. Box 72, 111 Pincus Rd, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-8428. Jane will be showing her work with Heidi Albright. To find Jane and Heidi, follow directions in #73.
- 73. Cobra Lily Design - Heidi Albright. Unique, life-like, colorful, folk art. PO Box 72, 111 Pincus Rd, Roxbury VT 05669. (802) 485-8428. Traveling south on I-89, take exit 5 and turn right onto Rte 64 toward Northfield. At the T go right onto Rte 12 and travel for about a mile. Turn sharply left onto Rte 12A south. In about 5 to 6 miles you enter the village of Roxbury. Go past the Roxbury General Store for 0.3 mile. Just after the vegetable stand on the left turn left onto Sullivan Hill Rd. *Follow this road to the top of a long hill where it bends to the right and becomes Pincus Rd. This ends at our home and studios. Traveling north on I-89, take exit 4 and go left toward Randolph on Rte 66. Go straight at the stop sign onto Rte 12 south. As you pass a Cumberland Farms on the left and the road bends to the left, turn right onto Rte 12A and travel north to Roxbury. After about 14 miles watch for Sullivan Rd on the right and follow directions above.*
- 74. *Hillcrest Adirondack Furniture - Richard Ducharme. Adirondack furniture, chairs, gliders, loveseats and porch swings. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. On Rte 2 in Marshfield, turn onto Rte 215. Go about 2.5 miles (you will pass a cemetery on the right and the Cabot Greenhouse on the left). Turn left onto Ducharme Rd. Studio and workshop are 1.0 mile up on the left. The furniture workshop is on the lower driveway. Fiber studio is located in the house.
- 75. *Vermont Floorcloths and Fiber Arts - Sandy Ducharme. Handpainted canvas rugs, hooked wool rugs. 849 Ducharme Rd., Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 563-2745. Please follow directions above in #74. Fiber studio is located in the house. Use upper driveway.
- 76. Fred Varney - Stained glass windows, lighting. 1632 Marshfield Rd, Marshfield VT 05658. Studio Location: 1632 Marshfield Rd, E Calais VT 05658. (802) 456-1003. From Marshfield village travel west on Rte 2 for about a mile to a right hand turn onto Pike Rd. Turn right and travel about 1.5 miles to a T intersection with Calais Rd. Turn left and travel straight through the four way intersection with Hollister Hill, for about a mile. Find the driveway on the left. Traveling north on Rte 14, just as you reach the top of the hill and enter E Calais, turn right onto Marshfield Rd. This road looks like the driveway of a white church. Continue up the hill past the cemetery and through the four way intersection with East Hill and Max Gray Roads. Our driveway is the next one on the right, just before the crest of the hill.
- 77. *Blackthorne Forge - Steven C. Bronstein. Functional and sculptural, contemporary ironwork. 3821 Rte 2, Marshfield VT 05658. (802) 426-3369. We are 2 miles west of Marshfield on Rte 2 in the large yellow barn on the left, or 6 miles east of Plainfield on Rte 2 on the right.
- 78. SFC Woodcarving - Scott Crocker. Woodcarving, sculpture, wildlife, furniture. 263 Ferrati Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 454-1439. Traveling west on Rte 2, right before Plainfield Village, turn left onto John Fowler Rd (If traveling east, this is the first right past Maple Valley store.). Travel to the top of the hill past the farm and turn at the first left onto Ferrati Rd. Find my studio about 0.25 mile along Ferrati Rd.
- 79. L. Koehler Pottery - Leslie Koehler. Majolica glazed terracotta earthenware. 1340 Laird Pond Rd, Plainfield VT 05667. (802) 223-3231. Take Rte 2 east to Plainfield Village. At the blinking light, turn down a short hill into the village. Go straight past the fire station and take the left fork onto Maple Hill Rd. At the top of the hill, take a left onto Holt Rd. Travel about 1 mile to the intersection of Holt Rd and Laird Pond Rd. Turn left onto Laird Pond Rd. Studio is immediately on the left, #1340 Laird Pond Rd. Traveling west toward Plainfield from Marshfield, turn left onto Nasmith Brook Rd and continue past Twinfield School driveway. The road merges with Laird Pond Rd. Continue to the end of Laird Pond Rd and find the studio on the right. Total distance from the turn onto Nasmith Smith Rd is about 3 miles.
- 80. Elm Harris - Erin Meharg Harris. Custom and OOAK silver jewelry. PO Box 34, 2624 Rte 2, E. Montpelier VT 05651. (802) 225-6584. Head on Rte 2 to the village of East Montpelier. The house is on the river side of the road and is several houses east of the East Montpelier Home Center and one house west of the Rte 14 bridge. It is a brown house with a green roof and the studio door is blue. Look for the yellow Open Studio sign.
- 81. Green Mountain Hooked Rugs. - Stephanie Krauss. Traditional hand hooked rugs, classes. 2838 County Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-1333. Travel on Main St straight through the Montpelier town center and take the first right off the roundabout. Continue north up Main St hill. Continue straight. The road name changes to County Rd. From the intersection of Main St/County Rd and Towne Hill Rd, travel about 3.6 miles. I am on the right in a white house.
- 82. Susan Bull Riley. Classical paintings, oils and watercolors, of botanicals, birds, and landscapes. 1550 Center Rd, E Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 249-8449. On I-89, take exit 8, Montpelier, and travel through three traffic lights to the intersection at a stoplight with Rte 12. Turn left onto Rte 12, Main St. Follow Main St through a traffic light at to a roundabout. Take the first exit off the roundabout and continue on Main St up the hill. From the roundabout go 1.6 miles to Center Rd, just past a cemetery. Turn gentle right onto Center Rd and go 1.5 miles on Center Rd to our red house on the right, a former one room schoolhouse. Park in the circular driveway.
- 83. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Bookbinding, paper crafts, handmade books, journals. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the junction of Center Rd and County Rd (Main St extension) turn left and follow to Town Hill Rd on the left. Take Town Hill Rd to its junction with Gallison Hill Rd. Travel past U-32 High School and look for the house with the blue roof on the right. On I-89 take exit 8 to Montpelier. The exit merges into a road that becomes Rte 2. Continue on this highway, with the city of Montpelier and the river on your left, until you come to a traffic circle. Take the second exit onto Rte 2, and travel 0.3 mile to Gallison Hill Rd. Turn left at the Kia sign onto Gallison Hill Rd and go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left in a gray house with blue trim, #846.
- 84. *Artisans Hand - Vermont State Craft Center. Contemporary Vermont crafts, jewelry, photography. 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492. Located at the intersection of State and Main Streets, next to La Brioche and the Skinny Pancake in downtown Montpelier.
- 85. Annie Tiberio Cameron Photography - Annie Tiberio Cameron. Photography, botanicals, abstracts, nature, wilderness. 110 Ledgewood Terrace, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 223-2204. On I-89, take exit 8 and travel through one set of traffic lights. At the second set of lights, go left over the bridge and straight through the lights at State St and Bailey Ave. Take the second left onto Terrace St. Go for 1 mile and turn right at Ledgewood Terrace. Look for a green and yellow house ahead on the circle. The studio is in lower level in the back and is accessed across deck between house and garage, down two sets of stairs.
- 86. Calza, Goodwin Studio - Susan Calza. Mixed media, installation painting and works on paper. 65 Elm St, Barre VT 05641. (802) 224-6827. From Main St, Rte 302, in Barre traveling east, turn left onto Elm St, at the Cornerstone Restaurant. Pass Jefferson and take the second right onto Elm St. Sixty-five Elm is on the corner, in the huge, brick, Mathewson School. Studios are on the third floor above Body Tech.
- 87. Studio Place Arts - Art center - galleries, studios, sculptures. 201 North Main St, Barre VT 05641. (802) 479-7069. Take I-89 to exit 7. Travel through 3 sets of traffic lights and take Rte 62 to Barre. At the junction of Rte 62 and Rte 302 turn right. SPA art center is on the left, across from Depot Square.