Central Eastern (Orange and Windsor County) Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2017 May 27 & 28
Regional Information Center
J. Collective - The Art of Craft. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298.
K. *Gallery at the VAULT . 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111.
L. DaVallia, Art and Accents - 78 Common St, Chester, VT 05143. (802) 875-1203.
- 88. Robert Chapla, Artist - Robert Chapla. Seasonal, varied, bold, semi-abstract landscape paintings. 580 Fuller Rd, Newbury VT 05051. (802) 429-2051. On I-91 take exit 16 for Bradford. Take Rte 5 north for 7 miles to the town of Newbury. Across from the general store, turn left on Chapel St. In two blocks this becomes Scotch Hollow Rd. Continue for 7 miles on Scotch Hollow Rd, and bear left at the Y on Newbury Center Rd. Go 0.5 mile and turn left onto North Rd. Go 0.5 mile and turn right onto Fuller Rd. Travel 0.5 mile on Fuller Rd and look for the sign, Hidden Springs Studio. Turn right up the driveway and find the studio in the barn.
- 89. Newbury Arts. Enchanting mix of fine artwork. PO Box 154, Newbury VT 05051. (802) 431-7111. Location: First Congregational Church Vestry, 4915 Main St South, Newbury VT 05051. Find us on the main street in Newbury.
- 90. Red House Studio
- 91. *Kingdom Moon Rugs - Delsie Hoyt. Rugs, braided, contemporary, traditional, unique. 3428 Middlebrook Rd, Fairlee VT 05045. (802) 333-9717. From I-91 southbound take exit 15, Fairlee, and turn right onto Rte 5S. Travel for 2.4 miles, then turn right onto Rte 244W. Travel for 4 miles and turn right onto Middlebrook Rd. Travel about 3 miles to the studio. From I-91 northbound, take exit 14, Thetford, turn left onto Rte 113 W. Travel 6.4 miles, then turn right onto Rte 244 E. Travel 1.6 miles, turn left onto Middlebrook Rd and travel 3 miles to the studio.
- 92. Romulus Craft - Ikuzi Teraki and Jeanne Bisson. Handcrafted functional, sculptural, contemporary porcelain. 8495 VT Rte 110, Washington VT 05675. (802) 685-3869. From Barre, head east on Rte 302. At the roundabout in East Barre, turn right and then take the next left onto Rte 110 and continue south to Washington Village, about 5 miles. Go through the village of Washington, continuing south on Rte 110 towards Chelsea for about 4.5 miles. We are located on the left hand side in a long wooden building.
- 93. Gabriel Glasss - Gabriel Cole. Brilliantly colored, crystal clear, hand blown glass. 264 Cedar Swamp Rd, Williamstown VT 05679. (802) 752-6519. From Rte 14 in Williamstown, go up Meadow St, past Poulin Lumber (Ace Hardware) about 1 mile. Take the second right on to Martin Rd. Travel about 1 mile to a four way intersection. Turn right onto Baptist St. One mile from there on the left is my driveway, marked Cedar Swamp Rd. Go to the top of the hill, and my studio is in the red barn. From South Barre, go past Hannafords and take a left onto Middle road. Go about 1.5 miles to Graniteville. At the playground, bear right onto Baptist St. Travel for about 3 miles passing straight through two, 4 way, intersections. Look for my driveway on the left marked Cedar Swamp Road. Go to the top of the hill. My studio is in the red barn.
- 94. Lone Wolf Studio - Jyl Emerson. Paintings of animals and nature with Native American influence. 56 Chelsea Rd, Brookfield VT 05036. (802) 522-2156. From Brookfield, travel east on Rte 65 until it ends in VT Rte 14. Go south 0.1 mile to a left hand turn onto East Hill Rd. Travel 1.8 miles to where East Hill turns into Chelsea Road and veers right. At this point, turn right into a long tree lined driveway. Watch for a sign reading "Private drive-no outlet" at driveway entrance. See the horse barn and pasture on your left. Continue up the drive where it will take you to a log cabin on left.
- 95. Melanie Considine Fine Art Photography - Black and white, hand colored, and alternative process photographs. 27 N. Main St, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 565-8296. From I-89, take exit 4 and follow Rte 66 west toward Randolph. At the stop sign, follow Rte 12 S to Main St and find me at Art of Vermont, 27 N Main.
- 96. Art of Vermont - Pottery, painting, photography, jewelry, sculpture. 27 Main St, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 565-8296. From I-89, take exit 4 and follow Rte 66 W toward Randolph. Bear left onto Rte 12S, also Main St, and find the gallery on the left.
- 97. White River Craft Center - Kimball House. Photography, weaving, woodworking. 50 Randolph Ave, Randolph VT 05060. (802) 728-8912. Take I-89 exit 4 and go west (downhill) on Rte 66 for 2.5 miles to the stop sign. After Cumberland Farms, bear left onto Rte 12, and into Randolph. At the end of the downtown block, turn left onto Merchant's Row, go through the stop sign and straight ahead onto Randolph Avenue. The White River Craft Center is on the hill straight ahead.
- 98. *Two Potters: Becca and Nathan Webb - Becca and Nathan Webb. Woodfired stoneware pottery, two chambered wood kiln. 123 Scammell Lane, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-1320. On I-89, take exit 3 for Bethel/Rte 107. Turn right onto 107 W, towards the town of Bethel. Just under 2 miles from the highway turn right onto Christian Hill Rd, just past Poulos Insurance. Drive for 0.5 mile, and turn right down Scammel Lane. Studio is at the end of the short lane, and large kiln shed beyond.
- 99. Naught Hill Pottery - Grace Pejouhy and Evan Williams. Functional wheel-thrown, hand decorated pottery. 388 Woodland Rd, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 234-5114. From the center of Bethel, head north on Rte 12. Proceed across the stone bridge past the churches on Pleasant St. Do not take the sharp right but instead continue straight onto Sand Hill Road. Continue past the town garage on the left. After the S-turn (go slowly) take a right onto Woodland Rd. Continue up Woodland Rd until you see our woodfired kiln.
- 100. Frog Song Designs - Andrea Trzaskos. Pottery, dinnerware, wall tiles, sculpture. 1887 River St, Bethel VT 05032. (802) 345-3099. From Bethel, follow Rte 107W/Rte 12S (traveling toward Killington). Studio is about 2 miles from downtown Bethel at the Locust Creek intersection. From Barnard, follow Rte 12N to the intersection of Rte 107 and find the studio about 6 miles from Silver Lake.
- 101. Stone Revival Gallery and Gift Shop - Julian Isaacson. Sculpture, paintings, photography, jewelry, pottery. 1354 Rte 100, Stockbridge VT 05772. (802) 746-8110. Located 8 miles north of Killington on Rte 100 and 0.5 mile south of the juncture of Rte 107 and Rte 100. From Waitsfield, travel south on Rte 100 about 25 miles and find us on the left. Look for the big red barn.
- 102. *Collective - the Art of Craft - the Art of Craft. Metal, clay, fiber, wood, glass. 47 Central St, Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 457-1298. On I-89 take exit 1 and turn onto Rte 4. Head west toward Woodstock and go about 8 miles. Look for us on the left. We are on the street level in the Stone building across from the post office on the Kedron River.
- 103. Studio 33 - A cooperative studio shared by seven artists. Watercolors, oils, pastels, photography and fiber. 33 Central St (Rte 4), Woodstock VT 05091. (802) 234-5219. Located in downtown Woodstock above Footprints. Find Woodstock on Rte 4, 11 miles west of Hartford and 32 miles east of Rutland.
- 104. Nancy Neyerlin-Pisano - Colorful, lively, paintings on canvas and scarves. 20 Heritage Condo Way, Unit 25, Woodstock VT 05091. (973) 270-3285. Location: 1 The Green, Woodstock VT 05091. For directions to Woodstock see #103.
- 105. William B. Hoyt - William Hoyt. Oil paintings, landscapes, seascapes, interiors, gardens. 351 Town Farm Hill Rd, Hartland VT 05048. (802) 436-2565. From Woodstock access Hartland Hill Road from the east end of town. Travel 3.5 miles and bear right onto Town Farm Hill Rd. Go about 0.5 miles to the first driveway on the right. We are the last house on the drive. From Rte 4 in Taftsville, traveling east, take Rte 12 south for 3.1 miles and turn right onto Hartland Hill Rd. Travel 0.8 mile and turn left onto Town Farm Hill Rd. Go about 0.5 mile to the first driveway on right. We are the last house on the drive.
- 106. Vermont Stone Design - Kenny Hamblin IV. Benches, birdbaths, vases, lamps, frames. PO Box 33, Hartland VT 05049. (802) 436-2526. Located at 24 Hamblin Rd, Hartland. On I-91 take exit 9 (Hartland). If traveling south on I-91, take a right. If traveling north on I-91, take a left off the exit. Drive 0.5 mile to Rice Rd on the left. Turn left onto Rice Rd and travel for about 2.5 miles to Hamblin Hill Rd. Turn left and our studio is at the end of that road, about 0.25 mile.
- 107. VanNatta Gallery - Lynn VanNatta. Expressive plein air oil paintings. 543 Shattuck Hill Rd, West Windsor VT 05037. (802) 484-7253. From Woodstock, go south on Rte 106 and turn off at Rte 44. Pass the animal shelter and turn left onto Shattuck Hill.* On I-91 going south take exit 9 and go left off the ramp. Follow signs to Windsor. In Windsor center (at Cumberland Farms) go right onto Rte 44, and continue past Ascutney Mountain Resort, thru Brownsville. Shattuck Hill Road is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. *On I-91 going north, take exit 8 and go right off ramp. Take the first left onto Rte 5, then bear left on Rte 44A, then bear left on Rte 44. Go past Ascutney Mountain Resort, into Brownsville Village. Shattuck Hill Rd is on the right about 3 miles past the post office. *VanNatta Gallery is the left at the top of the hill.
- 108. *Rockledge Farm Woodworks - Scott Duffy. Hand-crafted wood furniture and home accessories. 58 Ascutney Basin Road, Weathersfield, VT 05062. (800) 653-2700. From I-89, take exit 1 and go west on Rte 4 until it meets Rte 106 in Woodstock. Go south on Rte 106 for 15.3 miles. Turn left on Ascutney Basin Rd. From exit 8 on I-91, go west on Rte 131 for 7 miles to the junction of Rtes 131 and 106. Turn right on Rte 106 and travel for 2.5 miles to Ascutney Basin Rd. Watch for our sign.
- 109. Robert O'Brien Watercolors - Robert O'Brien. Watercolor paintings and prints. 2811 Weathersfield Center Rd, Perkinsville VT 05151. (802) 263-9394. Take exit 8 on I-91 and turn west onto Rte 131 for about 2 miles. Turn left on Weathersfield Center Rd, and go up the hill for 2.5 miles to the studio that is on the left in a red house.
- 110. Fletcher Farm School For the Arts & Crafts - Society of Vermont Artists and Craftsmen, Inc. Vermont's oldest residential craft school hosts demonstrations. 611 Rte 103S, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8770. From Ludlow go south on Rte 103 for 2.5 miles. From I-91, take exit 8 and follow Rte 131 west to Rte 103N for 1 mile. At the end of Rte 131 take a right, go 14 miles and the school is on the right.
- 111. Form and Function Pottery - Jane Wojick. Functional and sculptural stoneware. 335 Brooks Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8609. Traveling north on Rte 100, turn left onto Brooks Rd, across from the Welcome to Ludlow sign. Follow Brooks Rd all the way to the end. From the center of Ludlow traveling south on Rte 100, go 1.7 miles and turn right onto Brooks Rd. Follow to the end. Find me in my home studio.
- 112. *Rich DeTrano Woodturner - Rich DeTrano. Woodturnings, hollow vessels, demonstrations, tools. 488 Andover Rd, Ludlow VT 05149. (802) 228-8894. Follow Rte 103 in Ludlow to Rte 100S for about 2 miles to a left fork at Andover Rd. Follow Andover Rd for about 1 mile to #488 on the right.
- 113. Robert Sydorowich Artist - Robert Sydorowich. Original Vermont landscape paintings. 4219 East Hill Rd, Andover VT 05143. (802) 875-3154. From Ludlow, take Rte 100 south for 3 miles and turn left on Andover Road. Go 2 miles to the studio. From Chester, at the green, take Rte 11 west 3.6 miles. Go right on Andover Rd for 3 miles, make a right on East Hill Rd, and go 4.2 miles to the studio.
- 114. Don Dalton - Maine and Vermont watercolor paintings. PO Box 1086, Chester VT 05143. Location: 3088 East Hill Rd, Andover VT. (802) 875-2348. From Ludlow, take Rte 100 to Andover Rd (which turns into East Hill Rd) The studio is about 3 miles from the turnoff, just past Chauncy Rd on the left. From Rte 11 (from Chester or Londonderry), take the Andover-Weston Rd to East Hill Rd, the first right after the village center. The studio is about 3 miles from the turnoff, just past Lovejoy Brook Rd on the right.
- 115. Gallery at the VAULT - Vermont State Craft Center. Local and regional fine arts, exceptional artisans. 68 Main St, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-7111. From I-91, take exit 7 and travel west 3.8 miles on Rte 11 into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your right, at #68 Main Street, next to "56 Main, The Restaurant". From Chester, take Rte 11 east into downtown Springfield. VAULT will be on your left.
- 116. Richard Cofrancesco Photography - Richard Cofrancesco. Landscapes and surreal prints on aluminium. 100 Massey Rd, Springfield VT 05156. (802) 885-1156. From I-91 exit 7/Springfield, go to the center of Springfield, about 3 miles. At the light, turn left, cross the bridge and turn right up Park St. Turn left onto Union St, and right onto Craigue Hill Rd. After about 1.5 miles, turn right onto Massey Rd at the yield sign. We are in the first house on the left. From Ludlow, turn left at the blinker in Gassetts onto Rte 10 and travel towards Springfield. Rte 10 becomes Rte 11 in N. Springfield. Turn right at the light. The Plaza will be on your left and McDonald's on your right. Go left at the blinker. Go right onto Union St, and right onto Craigue Hill Rd. After about 1.5 miles, turn right onto Massey Rd at the yield sign. We are in the first house on the left.
- 117. *Tsuga Studios - Nicholas Kekic. Decorative and functional blown glass. 678 Goldthwaite Rd, Chester VT 05143. (802) 875-1825. Follow Rte 11 west out of Chester for about 1.5 miles. Take the second right turn after the Army Reserve Building onto Goldthwaite Rd. Follow Goldthwaite Rd for 0.75 mile. Look for Tsuga sign and silver mailbox on the right.