Caledonia, Orleans, Washington, and Lamoille Counties
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Map and Links
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2017 October 14th and 15th
Download a higher resolution map for screen or print
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
Regional Information Centers
M. Northeast Kingdom Artisans Guild - 430 Railroad St, St Johnsbury VT 05819. (802) 748-0158.
N. Miller's Thumb - 14 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-2045.
O. Artisans Hand - 89 Main St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-9492.
P. Artisan's Gallery. 20 Bridge St, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-6256
- 62. Kelly Doyle - Vibrant paintings, repurposed sewn creations. 181 Maple St, St Johnsbury VT 05819. (802) 424-1323. Driving north on Main St go one block past the Fairbanks Museum and turn right onto Maple St. We are the first house on the right, 181 Maple. The studio entrance is through the green double doors.
- 63. Borealis Studios - Jerilyn Virden and Devin Burgess. Handbuilt ceramics and blown glass. 42 Wilson St, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 793-3177. We are directly across the street from the Greensboro Free Library in Greensboro next to the Memorial Gardens and parking lot in the center of town.
- 64. *Louise Arnold. Plein air and studio paintings, landscapes. PO Box 301, 267 Breezy Ave, Greensboro VT 05841. (802) 533-9224. Located next door to the Lakeview Inn on Breezy Ave in Greensboro.
- 65. Barbara Mutrux. Functional, wearable, whimsical felt and kits. 67 S. Craftsbury Rd, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-7521. On Rte. 14, turn onto the S. Craftsbury Rd. Proceed about 3 miles into the village. My studio is located in a white house on the east side of the road immediately north of the Craftsbury Town Hall. Follow signs for parking.
- 66. Mill Village Pottery - Lynn Flory. Unique functional and collectible pottery and tiles. 6 Mill Village Rd, Craftsbury Common VT 05827. (802) 586-9971. Located 1.0 mile north of Craftsbury Common.
- 67. Hugo Mesa Studio - Hugo Mesa. Woodcarved doors, furniture, mirrors, mantels. 673 West Hill Rd, Craftsbury VT 05826. (802) 586-7537. On Rte 14 in Craftsbury, turn onto West Hill Rd and head uphill for about 0.5 mile.
- 68. Hasso Ewing, Clay Artist, Clay Artist - Hasso Ewing. Ceramic sculpture in a beautiful hillside studio. 1553 Robinson Hill Rd, Calais VT 05648. (802) 223-1731. From Montpelier, go north on County Rd, for about 8 miles. Turn left onto Long Meadow Hill in Calais. Turn right onto Robinson Hill Rd. We are on the right.
- 69. Stilbroke Farm Pottery - Brenda George. Functional, colorful, picturesque, stoneware pottery. 1313 Luce Rd, E. Calais VT 05680. (802) 456-8802. In E. Montpelier continue on Rte 2 through Plainfield village. Turn left onto Beaver Meadow Rd and follow onto Sadie Foss Rd and then to Luce Rd. Find us at the bottom of the hill.
- 70. Blue Roof Designs - Elissa Campbell. Hand made books, artist's books, paper. 846 Gallison Hill Rd, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 229-1342. From the intersection of Main St and Memorial Drive in Montpelier travel 1.8 miles west on Rte 2, to the traffic circle. Take the second exit staying on Rte 2. After 0.3 mile, turn left onto Gallison Hill Rd. Go 0.8 mile to the studio on the left with a blue roof.
- 70.5 Center for Arts and Learning - Hats, painting, rock sculpture, artists. 46 Barre St, Montpelier VT 05602. (802) 595-5252. http://www.cal-vt.org. From I-89, take exit 8 and go left at the third traffic light onto Main St/Rte 12. Turn at the second right onto Barre St. CAL is on your left at the corner of Wilder St. Park alongside the building and street parking is also available.
- 71. *The Watercolor Coach - Jo MacKenzie. Artist, author and friendly art advisor. 1573 Lightening Ridge Rd, Adamant VT 05640. (802) 454-7330. From County Rd in E. Montpelier, take Haggett Rd to the center of Adamant. Go straight through the intersection of several roads onto Adamant Rd. Follow Adamant Rd to Lightening Ridge on the right. Find us on the right about 0.75 mile marked by a large mailbox. The house cannot be seen from the road.
- 72. Hermitage Gallery - Marina Epstein. Mythological archetypal imagery, paintings, sculpture, prints, drawings. 365 Eagle Ledge Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-6297. From Montpelier take Rte 12 north to Worcester, take a right at the town hall onto the Calais Road. Go 1.5 miles to the intersection of Eagle Ledge Road, (left of three roads). On Eagle Ledge Rd, travel 1.5 miles to #365. The driveway is on the right with the studio at the top of the hill.
- 73. Flint Brook Pottery - Deborah Van Ness. Handthrown, functional stoneware pottery. 471 Minister Brook Rd, Worcester VT 05682. (802) 229-0259. On Rte 12 in Worcester Village, turn onto Minister Brook Rd. Flint Brook Pottery is 2 miles up on the right.
- 74. William Barnard. Wood carved fish, birds, animals. 212 Winch View Rd, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-4691. Winch View Rd is off Rte 12, 0.5 mile south of Northfield.
- 75. *Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams - Kathrena Ravenhorst-Adams. Watercolors, pastels, oils, note cards. 540 Bear Farm Road, Northfield VT 05663. (802) 485-8387. From Rte 12 in Northfield, take Water St and travel west over the railroad tracks to the second right onto Union St. Follow Union St (Union Brook Road) 4.5 miles onto Hallstrom Rd and follow to the end of the pavement. Take an immediate right up the hill on Bear Farm Road. Go 0.5 mile to the red house on the right, Little Bear Farm.
- 76. Moosewalk Studios and Gallery - Gary Eckhart and Roarke Sharlow. Watercolor paintings, photography, and giclee prints. 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. (802) 583-2224. Travel on Rte 100 to Warren. Turn onto Lincoln Gap Rd and travel west for 2 miles to our studio/gallery sign, hanging on a mailbox.
- 77. The Luminous Moose - Andy O'Brien. Custom stained glass designs. 4366 Main St, #3, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 296-1234 or (802) 496-5107. Andy will be showing his work at Moosewalk Studios and Gallery, 200 Orion Rd, Warren VT 05674. Please follow directions in that listing.
- 78. Noel Bailey Ceramics - Noel Bailey. Functional high-fire porcelain. 364 Harris Hill, Waitsfield VT 05673. (970) 518-7567. From the intersection of Rte 100 and Rte 17 in Waitsfield, head west on Rte 17 for 1.4 miles. Turn left (south) on Harris Hill Road (immediately after Marble Hill Road). Go 0.4 miles up Harris Hill and studio/home is on the right with a red roof.
- 79. Mad River Glass Gallery - David and Melanie Leppla. Vast variety of unique art glass. 4237 Rte 100, Waitsfield VT 05673. (802) 496-9380. Located in the center of Waitsfield on Rte 100 about 0.25 mi north of Bridge St.
- 80. *Mad Women in the Attic - Elga Gemst. Fresh, original, metal and stained glass. PO Box 457, 1104 Rte 100B, Moretown VT 05660. (802) 496-4614. Studio is in downtown Moretown Village across the street from the Moretown post office and immediately south of the Moretown Village Grocery.
- 81. Jeremy Ayers Pottery - Jeremy Ayers. Functional, patterned, modern, stoneware, pottery. 18 Elm St, #3, Waterbury VT 05676. (802) 363-3592. From I-89, take exit 10 and travel toward Waterbury. At the roundabout take the second turn onto N Main St/Rte 2. At the Prohibition Pig (formerly Alchemist Brewery), turn right onto Elm St. We are the yellow house at the corner of Elm St and Randall St. From Rte 2 heading north turn left onto Elm Street.
- 82. Seasholtz Glass Design - Matt Seasholtz. Bowls, vases, drinkware, paperweights, pumpkins. 590 E. Main St, Hyde Park VT 05655. (802) 888-4111. In Morrisville, from the intersection (traffic light) of Rte 100 and Rte 15, take Rte 15 west, 1 mile to East Main St. Turn left onto East Main St and find the driveway to the studio immediately on the left.
- 83. Wind's Edge Studio - Marion Philipsen Seasholtz. Pillows, tablerunners, tablecloths, placemats, napkins. 590 E. Main St, Hyde Park VT 05655. (802) 635-2731. Follow directions In #82.