Bennington and Windham County Map and Links
Studio Links and Directions are
below the map.
Fall Open Studio Weekend 2017 October 14th and 15th
Download a higher resolution map for screen or print
Regional Information Centers
G. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
H. Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044.
I. Rockingham Arts and Museum Project - RAMP - 9 Canal St, #115, Bellows Falls VT 05101 (802) 463-3252 ramp-vt.org
Listings below with this background color are late entries to Open Studio and do not appear on the printed map or the pdfs. See more information on the Updates Page.
BENNINGTON COUNTY31. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Sophisticated, fine craft, whimsical, artful. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center, find us on Main St/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 32. Battenkill Pottery - Jessica Phillips. Ceramics, clay flutes, bowls, vases, jewelry. 3456 Rte 7A, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 379-5712. On Rte 7 take exit 3. At the intersection of Rte 313 and Rte 7A, turn right onto Rte 7A north toward Arlington. Drive 0.9 miles. We will be on the right before you get to the center of Arlington.33. Ray Finan Furniture Studio - Ray Finan. Custom hand crafted wood furniture. 269 Old Depot Rd, Arlington VT 05250. (802) 681-5393. On Rte 7 take exit 3 and travel west on Rte 313 until it ends at Historic Rte 7A. Turn left and travel south on Rte 7A for about 1 mile. Turn left onto Old Depot Rd. My studio is 0.8 miles down Old Depot Rd on the right.
- 34. The Quilted Jardin - Martha Beauchamp. Art quilts showing animals and landscapes.117 Corey Dr, North Bennington VT 05257. (802) 445-5688. From Bennington, follow signs to North Bennington (Rte 67A). Continue straight through town and take a right at the stop sign (Rte 67). Corey is the first street on the left. From the north, take Rte 7, get off at exit 2, Shaftsbury. Turn right onto Rte 7A and travel to the blinking light in S. Shaftsbury. Turn left, over railroad tracks and left again onto Rte 67E (also called Eagle Street). Travel for about 2 miles. Corey Drive is the third street on the right.
- 35. Ink in The Blood Press - Rhonda Ratray. Fine prints, t-shirts, screen-print, letter-press, cards.183 Park St, North Bennington VT 05257. (617) 512-0012. Located on the grounds of Taraden Arts in North Bennington. From 7 Water St (67A) in North Bennington, head northeast on Water St toward West St. Make a sharp left turn onto West St. Turn left onto Park St and find us on the right.
- 36. *Readsboro Glassworks - Readsboro Glassworks. Handblown glass and glass sculpture. 6954 Main St, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-7706. Located in the center of Readsboro.
WINDHAM COUNTY37. *Vermont Artisan Designs & Gallery 2. Distinct, unique, eclectic Vermont crafts. 106 Main St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7044. On Main St in Brattleboro.
- 38. *Colorquilts - L. Carlene Raper. Hand-dyed quilts, pillows, wooden puzzles. 62 Spruce St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 246-1313. Take exit 2 from I-91 and go east on Western Ave. Turn left onto Spruce Street; #62 is a purple house on the left.
- 39. Zak Grace Glass - Zachary Grace. Hand formed and blown glass ware and art. 446 Williams St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 251-0402. From I-91, take exit 2, turn right off the ramp and head west on Rte 9. Take left at Vermont Country Deli onto Williams Street and look for Zak Grace Glass sign on the right.
- 40. *Lesley Heathcote Studio - Lesley Heathcote. Pastels of animals, birds, and landscapes. 32 Larkin St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-0951. From Rte 9, turn onto Williams St. Head down the hill past two houses and turn right onto Larkin St.
- 41. Orchard Street Pottery - Walter Slowinski. Woodfired salt-glazed pottery, ecaustic paintings. 658 Orchard St, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-1030. From I-91, take exit 2 onto Rte 9 and travel west for 0.1 mi. Turn right onto Orchard St and travel north for 1.1 miles.
- 42. *Naomi Lindenfeld Clayworks - Naomi Lindenfeld. Nature-inspired, colored clay pottery. 330 Meadowbrook Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-6475. On Rte 9, 1.5 miles west of exit 2 on I-91, turn onto Meadowbrook Rd. After 0.25 mile bear right and go 0.25 mile to the studio.
- 43. Center for Digital Art - Michel Moyse. Projected art, video art on monitors, paintings. 81 Pleasant Valley Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 257-7605. From Brattleboro, go 2 miles west on Rte 9/Western Ave, to Meadowbrook Rd on the right. Turn onto Meadowbrook Rd, cross a small bridge, and up hill, and continue straight until you reach Pleasant Valley Rd on the left. Go about 0.5 mile on Pleasant Valley Rd and look for a green mailbox on the right with "81" on it. Enter a circular driveway and find the studio set down an incline, on the right side of the driveway.
- 44. Partridge Road Pottery - Ahren Ahrenholz. Woodfired functional stoneware pottery. 228 Partridge Rd, Dummerston VT 05346. (802) 257-4060. From I-91 traveling south, take exit 4 and go south on Putney Rd (Rte 5) toward Brattleboro. Turn right on School House Rd and travel 2 miles to Partridge Rd, a private road. My studio is the 4th driveway on the right. From 1-91 traveling north, take exit 3 and travel north on Putney Rd (Rte 5) toward Putney. Turn left onto East West Rd and travel 2 miles to Partridge Rd, a private road, and the fourth driveway on the right.
- 45. Greg Moschetti, Painter, Painter - Greg Moschetti. Landscape oil paintings from imagination. 623 Kelly Rd, Dummerston VT 05301. (802) 689-0676. From Brattleboro take Rte 9 west for 2.7 miles. Just past Chelsea Royal Diner turn right on Sunset Lake Rd. Go 2.7 miles to Kelly Rd on right. Go through a barnyard and up a hill for 1.3 miles to the studio (the road ends here). The studio is a small building on the right of the drive. Park in the parking area just past the house on the right.
- 46. Chris Lann Designs - Chris Lann. Contemporary handcrafted fine sterling jewelry. 1420 Sunset Lake Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 254-0383. From I-91, take exit 2 and head west. Follow Western Ave (Rte 9) for about 3 miles. Immediately after the Chelsea Royal Diner, turn right onto Sunset Lake Road. Studio is 2.75 miles on left.
- 47. *JMB Glass - Josh and Marta Bernbaum. Functional and decorative handmade glass. 119 Hescock Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (610) 812-3434. From Brattleboro, travel west on Rte 9 and turn onto Sunset Lake Rd, just past the Chelsea Royal Diner. Go for 1.0 mile and continue straight for 1.5 miles after the pavement ends. Pass Kelly Rd and look for the second entrance to Hescock Rd on your left.
- 48. *Laughing Lizard Studio - Jen Wiechers. Playful paintings, encaustics, mosaics, and jewelry. 25 Highlawn Rd, Brattleboro VT 05301. (802) 258-8054. Jen will be showing at Josh and Marta Bernbaum's studio. Follow directions in #47.
- 49. Rob Cartelli Ceramics - Rob Cartelli. Porcelain pottery, functional tableware, gifts. 299 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 249-6411. From Brattleboro head northwest on Rte 30 toward Newfane. In Newfane take a left on Williamsville Rd, then a left on Dover Rd. Go through the covered bridge. My house is 0.5 mile past the bridge on the left.
- 49.5 Darlene Eisenhuth - Smile inducing, repurposed assemblage. 911 Dover Rd, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 348-7141. From Rte 30 in Newfane, turn onto Grimes Hill Rd across from the Newbrook Elementary School. Grimes Hill Road becomes Dover Road in Williamsville. Follow through the Williamsville covered bridge and into South Newfane. Bear right at the stop sign, in front of the one room schoolhouse, staying on Dover Road. Studio is located in the barn of a red farmhouse, circa 1850, 2.25 miles on left, and about 5.5 miles from Rte 30.
- 50. Diane Echlin Ceramics - Diane Echlin. Ceramics, stoneware pottery, jewelry. 428 S. Wardsboro Rd, Newfane VT 05345. (802) 365-7874. From Rte 30 in Newfane, take West St (at the courthouse). This becomes S. Wardsboro Rd after passing through the village. Continue 2.3 miles. My driveway is the first on the right after the pavement ends, marked‚ Sullivan Ln PVT. Cross the bridge and there is parking on the right, halfway up the hill.
- 50.5 *Caryn King Studio - Paintings of animals, mixed media, giclees. 16 Miller Lane, South Newfane VT 05351. (802) 380-7006. In South Newfane, off Rte 30, turn left onto Williamsville Rd. Continue to its end, a concrete bridge, and turn left. At the post office (on the left), turn right onto Baker Brook Rd. Turn left onto Parish Hill and follow as it turns to the left and continues. Almost at the top of Parish Hill, turn left onto Miller Lane. Find our studio in the first house on the right with a big #16 on the garage.
- 51. *Sherwin Art Glass - Christopher Sherwin. Unique collectible, handsculpted, blown glass. 33 Bridge St, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-5744. In the center of Bellows Falls turn onto Bridge St, cross the canal bridge and see #33 on the right.
- 52. Mark Goodenough Metalworks - Mark Goodenough. Fabricated sheet metal wildlife sculpture. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (603) 313-0192. Follow directions in Ailyn Hoey's listing.
- 53. Ailyn Hoey - Charcoal, oil and pastel landscapes. 4 Meeting House Rd, Bellows Falls VT 05101. (802) 376-6333. Travel 5 miles north of Bellows Falls on Rte 103. Turn onto the south entrance of Meeting House Rd. We are the first house on the left, #4.