Bennington County Map and Links
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2013— May 25 and 26
Links to studios and directions are below the map.
G. Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711.
- 111. Dorset Custom Furniture - Dan Mosheim. Custom furniture, banjos, metalwork. PO Box 442, 23 Goodwood Lane, Dorset VT 05251. (802) 867-5541. Go North on Rte 30 from Manchester to Dorset. Go 1 mile north of the center of town to Danby Mountain Rd on the right. Go up Danby Mountain Rd 1 mile to Goodwood Lane on the left. We are the first house on the left, #23.
- 112. Kit's Jewelry - Kit Mosheim. Gemstones, beads and precious metals. PO Box 442, 23 Goodwood Lane, Dorset VT 05251. (802) 867-5541. Kit will be at the same location as Dan Mosheim. Follow directions above.
- 113. Penny Viscusi. Vermont landscape and animal artist. 2037 Danby Hill Rd, Danby VT 05739. (802) 293-5262. Penny will be a guest at Dan Mosheim's studio. Follow directions above.
- 114. *Holman Studios - Steve Holman. One of a kind custom furniture. (802) 867-0131. PO Box 572, 171 Dogpatch Lane, Dorset VT 05251-0572. From the Dorset town green, go north on Rte 30 for 1 mile. Pass Danby Mountain Rd and take the first right, which is Dogpatch Lane. Go up Dogpatch Lane for 0.1 mile to the gallery, the second driveway on the left.
- 115. American Country Rugs - Lucille Festa. Hand hooked primitive rug studio. 4743 Rte 315, Pawlet VT 05761. (802) 325-2543. Located at 4743 Rte 315, East Rupert, 05768. From the center of Manchester, at the junction of Rtes 11/30 and 7A, travel north on Rte 30, for 6 miles to the village of Dorset. Follow Rte 30 north for 2 more miles to its junction with Rte 315. Turn west onto Rte 315 and travel uphill 1 mile to the studio on the right in a white house with black shutters. Our sign is out front.
- 116. Artists Eye Studio - Dona Mara Friedman. Oils and encaustic mixed media. Box 46, 189 Lewis Rd, Rupert VT 05768. (802) 394-2502. From Dorset, travel north on Rte 30 to Rte 315 and turn left. Travel over Merck Mountain and down into Rupert. Turn right (north) onto Rte 153 and travel for 2 miles. Turn right onto Lewis Rd and find us in the second house, grey, on the left.
- 117. *William Laberge Cabinetmaker - William Laberge. Spirited custom furniture designed for contemporary living. 5145 Rte 30, Dorset VT 05251. (802) 325-2117. We are located about 1 mile north of Dorset on Rte 30.
- 118. Terry Lindsey.Equidae Gallery - Original paintings, equine, jewelry, other giclees, etc. 4525 Dorset West Rd, Dorset VT 05257. (802) 325-3918. From Manchester go north on Rte 30 to Dorset Village. Turn left onto Church Street. Go to the end and turn right on Dorset West Road. Go 1 mile and studio/gallery is on the left.
- 119. Creative Works - Patricia Rosenbauer. Painted furniture, paintings, placemats and prints. 1583 North Rd, Manchester VT 05255. (802) 362-7190. From Manchester, take Rte 30 north for 2.5 miles and turn right onto North Rd. From Dorset, go south on Rte 30 to North Rd and turn left. I'm in the first house on the right.
- 120. *Epoch - 18 Vermont Artisans - 18 Vermont Artisans. Sophisticated, fine craft, whimsical, artful. 4927 Main St, Manchester Center VT 05255. (802) 768-9711. In Manchester Center find us on Main ST/Rte 7A on the same side of the street as the Northshire Bookstore.
- 121. Sara Gay - Sara Gay Klebanoff. Necklaces, earrings, bracelets, process pieces. 575 West Road, Manchester VT 05254. (802) 366-9042. From the center of town in Manchester, Rte 11/30 meets Rte 7A, head south on Rte 7A until you come to a roundabout. Go half way around and continue on Rte 7A for about 0.25 mile to Ways Lane. Pass Stewarts on the right. Turn right on Ways Lane and follow to the end. This is West Rd. Turn left and go past Witherell Lane. I am the yellow house on the right.
- 122. Nancy Nardone. Handbuilt, handpainted, botanically inspired, ceramics. 146 Lamb Rd, N Bennington VT 05257. (802) 447-4752. At the intersection of Rte 9 and Rte 7 in downtown Bennington, go north on Rte 7 through two sets of traffic lights. After the second set of lights continue straight onto Rte 7 North. Take exit 2, 7A North, Shaftsbury. Bear right at the exit and go for 1.5 miles. Take a left at the blinking light onto Church St. Drive 0.3 mile, cross the railroad tracks and go left onto Eagle Rd. Drive about 1.2 miles and turn right onto Lamb Rd. The studio is at the third house on the right, in a small barn beyond the house. From the north, take exit 2 on Rte 7 and follow directions above.
- 123. *Ann Kremers Calligraphy and Illustration - Ann Kremers. Paintings, drawings, calligraphy, illustration. 363 Elm Street, Bennington VT 05201. (802) 442-7108. From the center of Bennington (the intersection of Rtes 7&9) take Rte 7 south 0.1 mile. Turn right at the Shell Station (across from Friendly's) onto Elm Street. Number 363 is the last driveway on the right.
- 124. Jackie Sedlock Pottery - Jackie Sedlock. Stoneware clay, handthrown, sculpture, photographs. 1179 North Mason Hill Rd, Pownal VT 05261. (802) 823-7977. Location: Jackie will be a guest at Ann Kremers's studio at 363 Elm ST, Bennington, VT 05201. Please follow directions above.
- 125. Tony Conner. Watercolor landscape and seascape paintings. PO Box 1405, 206 Crescent Blvd, Bennington VT 05201. (802) 375-5548. From the east, west, and north, travel on Rtes 7 or 9 to the center of Bennington where Rtes 7 and 9 intersect. Turn south onto (or continue on) Rte 7 to Crescent Blvd on the left marked by a blinking yellow light. Turn left onto Crescent Blvd and go to the second house on the left. Studio is behind the house. Traveling north on Rte 7, as you approach Bennington, look for a blinking yellow light. Turn right at the blinker and go to the second house on the left with the studio behind the house.
- 126. *Coombs Criddle Associates - Debora Coombs. Handpainted stained glass windows. 359 Rue Madeline, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-5640. Searsburg is located on Rte 9 about 10 miles east of Bennington and 20 miles west of Brattleboro. In Searsburg, at the junction of Rtes 9 and 8, go south on Rte 8 for about 5 miles until you come to a T junction. Turn right onto Rte 8/100 (sign says Stamford and North Adams) and travel about a mile. Turn left onto Rue Madeline, a gravel road. Go 0.3 of a mile to the studio, a blue-gray contemporary building on the left.
- 127. *Mary Angus and William LeQuier - Readsboro Glassworks. Handblown glass and glass sculpture. 6954 Main St, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-7706. Traveling south on Rte 100 from Whitingham, we are located in the center of Readsboro, one and a half blocks past the Readsboro Inn, on the left hand side of Main St, lower level.
- 128. Corner House Creations Garden and Gallery - Jane May Jones. Watercolors of architectural and garden elements. 1693 Branch Hill Rd, Readsboro VT 05350. (802) 423-5095. Take Rte 100 south from Wilmington about 14 miles into Readsboro. Go past the post office on the left and take the 3rd left onto Branch Hill Rd. If you go by the Readsboro General Store, you have gone too far. Travel about 2 miles up the hill. Corner House Creations is located on the left of the T junction with West Hill and Bosley Hill Roads.