Addison County Map and Links
Spring Open Studio Weekend 2013— May 25 and 26
Studio Links and Directions are below the map.
Links to the individual studios and galleries on this map are listed below.
Look for asterisk (*) to find pages that have more information and pictures of artwork.
D. Art on Main , 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032.
Art on Main
- 50. Creative Space - Fine art, photographs, furniture, pottery. 235 Main St, Vergennes VT 05491. (802) 877-3850. From Rte 7, turn onto 22A South and proceed one mile into downtown Vergennes. Pass two traffic lights, and the gallery will be located on your left just after the corner of Green Street, between Everywear (clothing store) and Black Sheep Bistro.
- 51. *Outerlands Gallery - Ross Sheehan and Cat Cutillo. Photography, sculpture, painting, furniture, metal. 37 Green St, Vergennes VT 05491. (775) 303-8863. Located on Green Street in downtown Vergennes, 1.5 blocks south of Main Street. It's the bright orange and yellow bungalow next to Bar Antidote.
- 52. *Anne Cady Paintings - Anne Cady. Colorful Vermont landscape oil paintings. 653 Quarry Rd, New Haven VT 05472. (802) 453-3797. At the Citgo Station at the junction of Rtes 7 and 17, take Rte 17 east for 1.1 miles. Go left onto North St for 1.1 mile. Turn left onto Quarry Rd and go for 0.7 mile to #653, marked by a blue mailbox.
- 53.Dale Helms - Fine Furniture - Dale Helms. Custom contemporary furniture. 2886 Mountain Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-2554. Traveling south, take Rte 116 through Hinesburg. Just south of the village, as Rte 116 curves sharply left, go straight onto Silver St. Follow Silver St. for about 6 miles to Monkton Ridge. Turn left onto States Prison Hollow Rd which is just past the Monkton General Store. Go about 1.2 miles to a crossroads and turn right onto Mountain Rd and travel for 2.9 miles to 2886 Mountain Rd. The shop is on the right, visible from the road. From the south, from the junction of Rte 7 and 17 in New Haven, take Rte 17 east about 5 miles to a blinking light. Turn left at the light onto Burpee Rd and travel until it ends at a stop sign. Turn left and go for about 3 miles and turn right onto Mountain Rd. Travel 2.3 miles. The shop will be on your left.
- 54. Vermont Folk Rocker - Jim Geier. Handcrafted hardwood rocking chairs. 3820 Rte 116, Starksboro VT 05487. (802) 453-2483. From exit 12 on I-89, follow Rte 2A south for 5.1 miles to Rte 116 and take a left. Travel through the town of Hinesburg and after about 3 miles, look for Cedar Knoll Country Club on your right. We are 4.6 miles past the country club. Find us on the left. From the south on Rte 116, we are 1.2 miles north of Starksboro's Robinson Elementary School.
- 55. Robert Compton Pottery - Robert Compton and Christine Homer. Handthrown functional and decorative pottery. 2662 N 116 Rd, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-3778. We are located 5 miles north from the village of Bristol on Rte 116.
- 56. Rory Jackson - Oil paintings, landscapes, seascapes, prints. 1612 West Hill Rd, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 349-7789. Studio located at 11 Main St, Bristol VT, across from the Bristol Bakery on the south side of the street.
- 57. Art on Main. Artist cooperative, works in many media. 25 Main St, Bristol VT 05443. (802) 453-4032. We are in the red building, one block east of the traffic light on Bristol's Main St.
- 58. *York Hill Pottery - Elizabeth Saslaw. Functional, sophisticated, pottery, beautiful scenic studio. 166 York Hill Rd, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3400. From Rte 17/116 north of Bristol, turn east onto Lincoln Rd (West River Rd) and go about 2 miles, following the lovely New Haven River. Turn right over a green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second driveway on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway. From Warren and Rte 100, take the scenic Lincoln Gap road through the tiny village of Lincoln. Continue about 1.5 mile. Turn left over the green bridge onto York Hill Rd. We are the second drive on the right with a sign at the foot of the driveway.
- 59. Kathleen Kolb - Oil and watercolor paintings of landscapes, prints. 685 Colby Hill, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3592. From Rte 116, two miles east of Bristol, turn off Rt. 116 onto Lincoln River Road. Take an immediate left up Briggs Hill. After 1.5 miles, take left fork onto Colby Hill. Go 0.5 mile, turn left to stay on Colby Hill. Go 0.25 mile, first driveway on left. From Rte 17 between Jerusalem Store and Inn at Baldwin Creek: Turn onto Quaker Street, go 2.5 miles, turn right onto Isham Hollow, go 1 mile, right onto Colby Hill, and go 0.25 mile, to the first driveway on left. Same location as Paul Forlenza's studio.
- 60. Paul Forlenza - Photography - Photography - Paul Forlenza. Archival photographic prints, landscapes, seascapes. 685 Colby Hill, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-3592. Follow the directions for Kathleen Kolb's studio. Paul's studio is in the same building as Kathleen's.
- 61. *Victoria Blewer. Original, individually hand-colored photographs. 39 Quaker St, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-2346. On Route 116, just north of Bristol, turn onto Lincoln Rd. Travel 3.2 miles to the center of town, take a left and another quick left at the church. We share the drive with the church. The church mailbox obscures our mail box. So turn at 23 Quaker Street. We are the large yellow house with a large yellow barn. If you are coming over the Lincoln Gap, turn right at the Lincoln General Store and then a quick left at the church.
- 62. Escape Studio - Nick Mayer. Naturalist watercolors of fish and wildlife. 1497 West Hill Road, Lincoln VT 05443. (802) 453-7005, (802) 349-2733. From Rte 17/116 north of Bristol, turn east onto Lincoln Rd (West River Rd) and go about 2.5 miles, following the New Haven River. Directly across from the Lincoln General Store turn right over a bridge onto Gove Hill Rd. At the top of the hill turn left at the T onto West Hill Rd. We are one mile down on the left, 1497 West Hill Road, a cedar sided Cape with a fish mailbox. From Warren and Rte 100, take the Lincoln Gap road through the tiny village of Lincoln until you reach the Lincoln General Store. Turn right onto Gove Hill Rd and follow directions above.
- 63. *Sandra Lance Pottery - Sandra Lance. Colorful porcelain pottery for home and garden. PO Box 104, 1409 Lincoln Rd, Ripton VT 05766. (802) 388-9911. From Rte 125 in Ripton, directly across from the Ripton Country Store, turn north onto the Lincoln Rd. Pass both the elementary school and the Dugway Rd on the left. Pass three houses and look for a large boulder on the left. After the boulder, turn left into a long winding driveway leading to the river and my studio/home. Bring your lunch and picnic by the river.
- 64. Tom Homann - Tom Homann. Earthy, stoneware, functional kitchenware, ashglazed. 3 Warner Drive, East Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-1072. From Middlebury, go south on Rte 7 about 3.8 miles, then left onto Rte 125E towards East Middlebury. About 1 mile after turning onto Rte 125 E, make a left turn on Schoolhouse Hill Rd. Go up the hill to Forest Ridge Drive. Turn right, and go 1 block to Warner Drive. Turn left and stay to the left. Studio is at the end of the drive.
- 65. Mike Mayone Fine Art - Mike Mayone. Paintings, prints, note cards, realism, landscapes. 8 Case St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-7401. From Middlebury, go south on Rte 7 about 3+ miles, then left onto Rte 125 east towards East Middlebury for 0.5 mile. At the 4 way stop, go left between the post office and general store onto Rte 116N (Case St.), to the 4th house on the right, a single story with a white picket fence (8 Case St). Studio is upstairs in the blue barn in back. - From the central VT/ Rte 100 area, take Rte 125 in Hancock and go west over the mountain (about 15.5 scenic miles) to the intersection with Rte. 116. Go right and follow above directions.
- 66. *Trillium Art & Beyond - Yinglei Zhang. Traditional Chinese painting, calligraphy, landscape, birds and flowers. 56 High St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-8229. High St is the street behind Swift house Inn. From Rte 7 S, pass Methodist Church on your right, turn right at traffic light onto Stewart lane. From Rte 7 N, turn left at traffic light onto Stewart Lane, turn left onto High St and travel to the end. Look for yellow Open Studio signs.
- 67. *Danforth Pewter Workshop and Store - Judi and Fred Danforth. Watch pewter being made. 52 Seymour St, Middlebury VT 05753. (802) 388-0098. On Rte 7, just north of Middlebury, turn by the Mobil station onto Elm St and proceed under the railroad bridge. Bear right and Danforth is 100 yards ahead on the right.
- 68. Timothy Fisher Gallery - Timothy Fisher. Painting, wood sculpture, fabric paintings, merry-go-round. 727 Fisher Rd, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2509. Cornwall Village is 4 miles south of Middlebury on Rte 30. In Cornwall Village, 10 feet south of the Congregational Church, turn off Rte 30 and go west on Park Lane. After 200 feet, continue straight onto Fisher Rd. Continue 0.7 mile until the end of the road.
- 69. The Oxford Rug Hooking School - Amy Oxford. Hooked rug demonstrations and mini lessons. 4174 Rte 30, Cornwall VT 05753. (802) 462-2011. From Middlebury, follow Rte 30 south, past its junction with Rte 74 in Cornwall. I am located 1.4 miles south of this junction.
- 70. Stratford House Pottery - Stacey Stanhope. Highly decorative, functional salt-fired pottery. 296 Rte 22A, Orwell VT 05760. (770) 853-1099. From downtown Orwell, head west on Rte 73 to Rte 22A. Turn left or south on Rte 22A. We are 0.25 mile south of Rte 73 on Rte 22A, on the right. Look for the large sign on the road. House is visible from the road.
- 71. Family Tree Glass - Brooke and Brian Holzhammer. Lamp worked glass-blowing, sculpture, jewelry. 22 Young Rd, Orwell VT 05760. (802) 948-2437. From Rte 22A, take Rte 73 (Main St.) east through Orwell about 3 miles, bear right onto Young Road, and turn into the third driveway on the left. From Rte 30, head west on Rte 73 for 2 miles, make a sharp left turn onto Young Road, and turn into the third driveway on the left.